okay i made a thread asking that you guys could figure out the problem with my acoustic; ive confirmed that it is my saddle. i've tried adjusting the truss rod and i got the action about right where i want and i still get the somewhat muted note where the natural harmonics are. now im asking about the easiest way to remove the saddle; its not that easy because the last owner like glued it in or something now it wont come out. is there a way that i can get it out with damaging my brigde?
Are you sure it's glued in? Sometimes they can be stubborn. Try a pulling gently with a pair of pliers wrapped in tissue paper or something similiar. If it is in fact glued in I would take it to a luthier.
Quote by fire-bug132
okay i made a thread asking that you guys could figure out the problem with my acoustic; ive confirmed that it is my saddle. i've tried adjusting the truss rod and i got the action about right where i want and i still get the somewhat muted note where the natural harmonics are. now im asking about the easiest way to remove the saddle; its not that easy because the last owner like glued it in or something now it wont come out. is there a way that i can get it out with damaging my brigde?

Another suggestion is that you use a side cutter. Wire cutter in other words. Don't get the saddle in a death grip with it, just enough to grip the saddle piece close to where it meets the surface of the wood of the bridge and then lever it up. You might put little notches in it but it you're careful you won't even notice once you re-install the saddle.
Question, why are you using the truss rod to adjust the action? That's not it's intended use. It's there to provide tension on the neck opposite to that of the strings to maintain neck geometry and to allow for small adjustments in the neck relief. The truss will have very little effect on action near the nut and then again near the 12th fret and on upward. It will have the most noticeable effect around the 6-7th fret area, where the bow of the fretboard is the farthest from the underside of the strings.
LeftyDave: i know what your saying about the action part, is wasnt sure how to put it so i wrote action. thats i wat i intended with the truss rod, to adjust tension in strings and i got the bow in the neck a bit straighter so yeah. its sounds a lot better that i adjusted the truss rod but know i know its the saddle
I see what you guys mean but i still cant get the piece of shit out, ive all day yesterday and all im doing and chipping the saddle.
^--Time to take it to someone qualified imo. Let's just hope the previous owner has used wood or hide glue and not super glue or epoxy.
Last edited by tom183 at Jul 9, 2010,