What do you guys think? I still have the pick guard to finish, it's by far going to be the hardest part. Did all of this in just a few short hours. Much easier than expected. All of the details were hand painted on. Alder body Strat'.
Martin DX1
79' Strat with original 1972 maple neck w/bullet truss / Lace Sensor Golds
93' Strat mahogany neck with Lace Sensor Silver.
Blackface Fender Twin
Lots of pedals..
Last edited by kylec922 at Jul 6, 2010,
That is pretty awesome so far. I wanna follow the pickguard progress as well. Did you use a clearcoat or anything to seal the body yet?

EDIT: Funny coincidence, but I'm watching a John Mayer concert DVD, and he just started a song with his Monterey Strat. Pretty awesome!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Jul 6, 2010,
Believe it or not the base is a krylon (I think??) Spray, It doesn't look like it, but that could be because I took a lot of time in between coats wet sanding. All of the smaller things are acrylic paint that were hand painted on. ( I see nothing wrong with the Krylon or a decent spray job, you'd be surprised how many people actually use it, of course it like anything else can look very bad too! )

Yeah, I did in fact use a clear coat to seal the body. I have 3 coats on now (the pictures were pre-clear coating), and after I sand will decide if it needs another, though I'm guessing it won't.

I'm hoping to get a chance to work on the pick guard for a couple of hours tomorrow. I will post pictures as soon as it's done.
Martin DX1
Blackface Fender Twin
Lots of pedals..
Clear coats are on and done, all that's left is the pick guard at this point. I started the base on it this morning and am going to let it dry a bit before either applying another base or starting on my hand painting. Also painted the neck plate white to match the back.
Martin DX1
Blackface Fender Twin
Lots of pedals..
WOW. **** you for completely making my project look like shit You did a great job, it looks fantastic. Mine currently has only the red to white fade but I already clear coated it so I don't think I'm gonna be doing the designs on the body. Anywho, great job. You must have a good hand, I wouldn't have the nerve to handpaint the body
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
sexy!!! if I had extra strat bodies, i'd totally be doing this, and a relic!!! that's so awesome. its srsly sexy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard