Welp...i've been deciding for centuries which amp to get. I finally decided after playing a Blackstar Ht-5 at a nearby store and LOVED it.

Now I need a cab. I like the look of Orange cabs and I know they're high quality, so I was looking at this one...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Orange-Amplifiers-PPC-Series-PPC212OB-120W-2x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=424052

My other choice is to buy a Blackstar cab. It matches. There are some 2x12s that I found, really cheap. There's this one...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-Venue-Series-HT-Venue-HTV212-160W-2x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-?sku=423773

My main question is...why does the Orange amp cab cost almost twice as much? Anything I'm missing? The Blackstar cab just says it has "Celestion" speakers in it...and it doesn't specify which kind. But I mean...it can't be bad right?

Basically, which would you buy? I'm not spending more than $600 for a cab, but 300-500 is fine. Thanks =D

Oh yeah...also...I know these cabs are rated for REALLY high wattage, which the Blackstar is not. I will be using more higher wattage cabs in the future. Will a 5W sound bad in these speakers?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Jul 6, 2010,
IMO, if you are running a 5W head, you don't need something rated for 120w to 160w. If I was you, I would look at Blackheart. They make solid cabs and they have Emimence speakers.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Oh yeah sorry bout that...I will be running more higher wattage amps into the cab also, in the future. So i wanted to get a cab I could use for lots of different heads. I'll edit my original post.

Will it sound bad in these high wattage speakers?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Jul 6, 2010,
My main question is...why does the Orange amp cab cost almost twice as much?

Because the Orange cab was made in the UK and the Blackstar was made in Korea.
Quote by jpnyc
My main question is...why does the Orange amp cab cost almost twice as much?

Because the Orange cab was made in the UK and the Blackstar was made in Korea.

The built quality and the speakers.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
No offense, but spending more on your cab then you spent on the head is pretty stupid.

The Orange is an awesome cab, but if you're going to spend that much on a cab, you might as well spend more on a better head
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
No offense, but spending more on your cab then you spent on the head is pretty stupid.

The Orange is an awesome cab, but if you're going to spend that much on a cab, you might as well spend more on a better head

not really.

If he gets a high quality cab he never needs to change it, future proofing is a great way to save money down the line.

the cab costs so much more because of the build quality and top end speakers

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb