Does anyone know any bands that are ska but the singer raps in the song too? In college my cluster played some reggae rap stuff that was good but I never asked what it was (kicking myself for that now). So I mean like a basic reggae/ska outline of a song but just with rap instead of singing, or both together. thank you
Big D and the Kid's table and Sublime are some good starting points, but there is a recommendation thread at the top of the page. :p
Up the Punx!
What you probably heard was dancehall.

Edit: Actually now that I reread the original post that doesn't seem correct.
Last edited by werty22 at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by RizzoWashburn
What they should do is combine the Punk and Hardcore forums and make it "Punk & Hardcore". But then I suppose we'd get all the metalcore fans. And that would just be sad.

If the metal forum peeps would get off their high horses and accept that metalcore is pretty much a form of metal, we wouldn't have a problem.

Hypocrisy
Sonic boom six-Rap and shout, with ska elemens
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
i wish my username didn't imply that I was a ska fanboy but I made it at a time where I used the name for everything. I like punk i swear!
Quote by werty22
If the metal forum peeps would get off their high horses and accept that metalcore is pretty much a form of metal, we wouldn't have a problem.

Hypocrisy

The generic "metalcore" fans are terrible, but I don't know if metalcore & metal would be any better. As much as I hate to admit it, the hardcore forum isn't as busy as the metal one, so we usually get stuck with all the crappy metalcore threads. That's not to say that the elitism in the metal thread isn't a problem, though.

And a lot of metalcore fits much better in the hardcore forum. Poison the Well, Converge, etc, etc wouldn't really work in the metal forum.

Oh well, I'll keep posting in the forum and trying my hardest to make anyone who starts another Bring Me the Horizon thread cry.

/pointless rant

And I guess that's as good of an opening as any to post this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdEt2M4qfoo

I've been looking for a valid reason to post that in here since yesterday.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
And I guess that's as good of an opening as any to post this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdEt2M4qfoo

I've been looking for a valid reason to post that in here since yesterday.
That's comedy gold
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw

what's depressing is I haven't posted in so long here that this post might actually get taken seriously..
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
...you made me click on "Billionaire."

I feel so dirty.

And now youtube is gonna recommend me all kinds of crap.

Thanks a lot!
Adequate Seven!
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Quote by greenday2003
Sonic boom six-Rap and shout, with ska elemens

good band, thanks man
In response to the original post, there are quite a few bands out there that are BOSS in the ska/reggae/dub/rap infusion. Some of those include: OPM, Long Beach Dub All Stars, The Dirty Heads, Rebelution, Slightly Stoopid, Collie Buddz, Passafire, and FishBone, just name a few. But there are many more out there since this whole scene is exploding (thanks to the late and great Bradley Nowell of Sublime) and an all together awesome movement. My best recommendation for expanding your music library is to just put any of these bands into Pandora, and see what comes up. Hope this helps!