Sounds like you're singing an octave lower than the actual song?

I don't really know too much about vocals but it sounded pretty good.

The only part that really sounded sort of off was around 2:35, but other than that it sounded pretty solid.
Quote by andrewjp123
sounds pretty good. gives the song a different kind of vibe, it fits the song

Thanks man!
Quote by ibz120
Sounds like you're singing an octave lower than the actual song?

I don't really know too much about vocals but it sounded pretty good.

The only part that really sounded sort of off was around 2:35, but other than that it sounded pretty solid.

Ya its an octave lower. I couldnt find the music without vocals in it so i had to sing over the original until i find time to record the guitar. but thanks for the feedback
It sounds pretty cool, the combo between you and the original, I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like with just the octave down. But you do need to watch, because sometimes you're a bit pitchy. I get that way when I'm writing my own stuff, lol. I've nearly put stuff on my profile thats me sliding around everywhere up and down and sideways into pitches. But matching pitch comes with projecting your voice, they both grow on eachother. Don't be afraid to get loud n' nasty with your microphone. Unless you bought an old ribbon mic, its not gonna whine. :P Overall, its a pretty nice job you've done.
Quote by L2112Lif
It sounds pretty cool, the combo between you and the original, I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like with just the octave down. But you do need to watch, because sometimes you're a bit pitchy. I get that way when I'm writing my own stuff, lol. I've nearly put stuff on my profile thats me sliding around everywhere up and down and sideways into pitches. But matching pitch comes with projecting your voice, they both grow on eachother. Don't be afraid to get loud n' nasty with your microphone. Unless you bought an old ribbon mic, its not gonna whine. :P Overall, its a pretty nice job you've done.

Thanks for the feedback
Hey dude, thanks for the little crit of mine

I'm not a fan of Rise Against (well, I don't listen to them) but that was pretty good!
Just try to project more, I guess.
It just sounded like you were using speech-level singing, which is awesome.
But a little more projection can add a lot
Especially since the original singer seemed to project a bit more than you did.

But it was great, added a different feel to it
Keep going at it man.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Thanks for the crit I notice you're an octave lower, but it seems like you're struggling to hit the lower notes in the song. Try either singing at the right pitch or knocking the song down a few semitones to suit your own range. I know that's what I do in a lot of my covers, hope it helps. Also, it was bugging me, cause I couldn't figure it out (no headphones): did you record two sets of vocals? It sounds like there's about three voices at times.

edit: You also sound incredibly bored
-

Hey man, Alex hit the nail on the head. There were a few times when you couldn't go as low as you needed to to stay on pitch so your voice just became more sunken in and that didn't really help. But the track in the right side of the mix sounded substantially better - were you doing something different on that take?
It really sounded good, tought it seems you are a little bored(maybe 'cos you're singing it an octave lower), anyways i think you did it well, try to sing it like to song so it'll be better and don't forget to practice :P practice make the master

btw: thx for ur comment
Nice in sync!
I'm hearing your voice twice (left/right speaker probably) + original,if I'm not turning crazy?

Your voice sounds deeper but that's not a problem at all!
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09