Hey guys, I got a Bugera 333XL a couple days ago, but I didn't really get a chance to play around with it until today. While I was experimenting today, I decided to crank it a bit. However, if I got past where I'd imagine the 1 mark to be on the Master Volume knob, I got this really high pitched squeal like I turned my TV on. I found that when I turned my Presence down to less than 5, it went away. It's not that big of a deal, but it's pretty annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
How close are you standing to the amp?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
you have a microphonic power tube.

Use the pencil tip test to check which one's gonna give out.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by BrokenDstring
How close are you standing to the amp?

Varies. Sometimes I'm right in front of it, sometimes I'm all the way across the room. Doesn't make a difference.

Quote by ragingkitty
you have a microphonic power tube.

Use the pencil tip test to check which one's gonna give out.

I thought that made a feedback-type sound?

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Last edited by kaosxrocker at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by kaosxrocker
I thought that made a feedback-type sound?

It can be feedback or squeal. The fact that it occurs when you dime your master strongly suggests that it is your power tubes.

How high is your gain? A alternate possibility is that your one or a few of your preamp tubes are microphonic. At lower volumes, the presence of the high pitch squeal may be masked, and as you turn the master up, it becomes more obvious.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
It's not more obvious, it simply isn't there at lower volumes. And it's universal across all the channels, regardless of gain. I don't really know how to describe it.

EDIT: Okay, just tested them all several times. None of them are microphonic.

Quote by wolvenrick
Last edited by kaosxrocker at Jul 6, 2010,