Hey guys, here's my song. It's on my profile and it's entitled "Metal Demo."

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/integralbirth/

There are no vocals, nor is there a guitar solo. The guitar solo section is from 3:14-3:52. I used my ESP Eclipse II and ran it through my Line 6 POD X3. I recorded it using Logic Express. The MIDI drums were on the default pop drum setting and I recorded bass by playing clean guitar and shifted the pitch down an octave.

Hope you enjoy
dude i really like that song(and the techno right after it) in my honest opinion i think you should have sped up the song from about 1 min to the end. it would be a really nice speed metal song if u did. if you were going for more Cynic style prog there should have been more of a chordal feel throughout the whole song. i really liked it btw. C4c song is in my profile called Lunar
There were some great riffs in there, I really liked the parts where you used simple leads to add more to what was going on. My favorite part was the riffs around 2:30, with the harmonized guitars over the top. Sounded really cool, and I liked the strumming pattern you were using. The drums I thought sounded pretty good, I liked the double kick that you used here and there. The bass sounded like, well, a pitch shifted guitar

Great job, keep it up!
I like your harmonies and the riffs are simple but deadly with some tight rhythm to them. Also the drums fit pretty well too. Love the clean before hell breaks loose toward the 5 min mark, I though the song was over but noo, more goodie riffing haha :P You've got a good thing going definitely so keep at it =D

Here's my stuff if you feel froggy
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334397
Dude I really liked it, it had really catchy, enjoyable riffs without being too complex.

I have to ask, what did you use for the drums? I've been trying to find a good program and I liked the way yours sounded.
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
I used the sounds that came with my Logic Express program. They're the default drums on Garageband too and used the pop drum setting
integral,
Listened to "Metal Demo" right after I felt a significant earthquake near Los Angeles! Almost knocked over my lamp! I actually think your song sounds part alternative, part metal, and part punk. Certainly nothing wrong with that. Your 'electric bass' sounds OK considering how you did it. Actually kind of interesting. You should consider buying an electric bass, even if it's a cheap one: your X3 should work well with a real bass (I usually use a PodXT on guitar & Bass PodXT on bass). Your guitar and drums both sound quite good. You're off to a good start! With some decent non-screamo vocals, it should sound even better. Lead guitar wouldn't hurt, but I don't think it's crucially needed. Rock on! Just make sure you don't trigger the "big one" out here!
It sounds pretty damn good, for the drums being software
(Personal tirade on software drums: I went out and learned to play the instrument, and am currently trying to get mics and a mixer to get it set up. Thats why the only percussion I've used since I wrote one song with software drums is a set of sticks... I'd rather learn the instrument than have to toy around with software... Tirade, done.)

Other than that, there are times where your timing feels a bit forced, but considering the software drums I'd let that slide in a heartbeat. Its impressive, its heavy, and it BEGS someone to write decent lyrics of missed opportunity and trips into the fantasy of the human conscious.

Wanna take a listen to mine? Its acoustic, but I plan on it being an 'unplugged' version once I get my mics and mixer.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334457
out of curiosity, what what kind of vox are you planning to put into this? clean, growls, maybe both?
Quote by aaron aardvark
integral,
You should consider buying an electric bass, even if it's a cheap one: your X3 should work well with a real bass (I usually use a PodXT on guitar & Bass PodXT on bass).

I've been planning on buying a bass for a while actually, I just need the appropriate funds... I also lolled at the earthquake comment

Quote by L2112Lif
It sounds pretty damn good, for the drums being software
(Personal tirade on software drums: I went out and learned to play the instrument, and am currently trying to get mics and a mixer to get it set up. Thats why the only percussion I've used since I wrote one song with software drums is a set of sticks... I'd rather learn the instrument than have to toy around with software... Tirade, done.)

Other than that, there are times where your timing feels a bit forced, but considering the software drums I'd let that slide in a heartbeat. Its impressive, its heavy, and it BEGS someone to write decent lyrics of missed opportunity and trips into the fantasy of the human conscious.

I love playing drums and if I could afford a set and convince my parents to allow me to own one, I would definitely invest in that. I have many lyrical ideas floating around for this song. I intended to write lyrics about the greek myth of Phaethon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pha%C3%ABton) which is one of my favorite myths.

Quote by TV-Casualty
out of curiosity, what what kind of vox are you planning to put into this? clean, growls, maybe both?

I was planning on primarily clean vocals with some tasteful screams/growls thrown about, mostly for backup or parts I have trouble finding a vocal melody.
Cool drum programming. You can really feel the bass drum and it's got some nice fills everywhere. Some of the riffs are a little generic but it's mostly there man. Good stuff.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335578
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by TacoSaladMan
Just out of curiosity, were you ever/are you a drummer? Because the drums actually sound almost more developed than the guitars. That's not a bad thing, it's just a unique thing. Cool song though, nice riffs, the intro is pretty great too.

C4C thread (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335834)

I wouldn't say I'm a drummer, but I love playing drums. I don't own my own set but any time one is available at a friends house I play to my heart's content. I also spent a lot of time on the drums because I had a lot of fun doing so.
I'm not a tecno fan at all but for some reason that second song in your profile was sweet. I would download it if it had some sick vocals to go with it. But I think it would be kinda lonely with all of my rock and metal songs lol.

Oh and the metal demo was good too.
Nice song man, I liked that it's like a metal/punk crossover...drum quality was great, especially the kick...intro sounds awesome, with that double tracking. One thing though is that sometimes it feels like there's a guitar missing, like only the rhythm guitar is playing, but just sometimes, those leads are sweet, rated five stars

and I lol'd at your other song, you have a really weird taste
"Muse, Iron Maiden, August Burns Red, Dream Theater" and then electro?

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24512818
Clean guitars need:

Compressing
FX (reverb & delay would go a long way)
Brightening up - use a tapebus emulator or a harmonic exciter. Only use the exciter if you have no other choice

Electric guitars need brightening up a tad, and EQing to hell. Also try panning them wider.

Drums need EQing, compressing and are in heavy need of reverb. The bass could use EQing and ampsim'ing too. I suggest AcmeBarGig BIG. It works wonders.
I love that little riff that the lead guitar plays at the start with a clean guitar, then eventually becomes dirtier and more distorted. I like how the bass in the background of the first minute or so, is really quiet subtle, but still has a really great feel to it. I love when the rhythm comes in as well...that really makes it sounds bulkier and thicker, which is great...

....From 2:24, I love it even more...Just wondering how long did it take you to write this piece? It sounds really planned, and I love it. Just listening to this, I can really hear how the vocals would come along, and where they would fit. That's always a great thing to accomplish.

At 4:26, when it gets quiet, and a second clean guitar comes over the top of the first one, it gives an almost "creepy, eerie" feel, which is ****ing awesome. Whether it was meant to sound creepy and eerie lol, I don't know, but it's awesome.

If you wanna Crit a song of mine, please crit "Soundtrackie". It is an original piece, and forgive the name-I couldn't think of anything good! It is found on my profile, and the thread is here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337581

Thanks!

(Oh,and by the way, I'm loving your techno song haha! Nice!!!)
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Last edited by coco-loco at Jul 13, 2010,
The intro is promising... I like how the song builds... but then, a metalcorey riff. I hate metalcore with a passion, so I don't like the riff too much. Some solid riffing I guess... but I have the feeling like, it's not supposed to have vocals and it gets pretty boring as a plain guitar noodling track, because the parts are pretty predictable.

The song is not really metal, but it's a pretty decent instrumental rock track. I'd like to hear you try to make something with vocals and something more complicated.

If you don't hate me for writing that, C4C?
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by henkka_potku
The intro is promising... I like how the song builds... but then, a metalcorey riff. I hate metalcore with a passion, so I don't like the riff too much. Some solid riffing I guess... but I have the feeling like, it's not supposed to have vocals and it gets pretty boring as a plain guitar noodling track, because the parts are pretty predictable.

The song is not really metal, but it's a pretty decent instrumental rock track. I'd like to hear you try to make something with vocals and something more complicated.

If you don't hate me for writing that, C4C?

Don't worry man, I don't hate you for that I don't expect everyone to like my song and I want to hear all criticism, good or bad. Also, I'm gonna have a vocal track added to it eventually, it's only in the demo stage right now

@HCL: It's still in the demo stage so I intend to spruce the track up a lot by the time I record another version of it. Thanks for those suggestions!

Also, I apologize to everyone who I haven't critted yet. I'll get to them eventually, don't worry