arite well you see here, my tone is usually like the one that the bass player for Anti-Flag and the one for NOFX use. if it helps at all its Bass-11 Mid-9 Treb-3 and the drive is usually on 6. im using a guitar amp, anyway my problem is that when i play my low E string it sounds...woody? pingy? it sounds odd and very pingy, for some reason when i hear it the adjective i think of is wood-like hollow maybe? anyway, im wondering if the string gauge is too high and if i got a bit of a thinner string, the problem would go away, thoughts on this?
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
Quote by LicenseToPunk
arite well you see here, my tone is usually like the one that the bass player for Anti-Flag and the one for NOFX use. if it helps at all its Bass-11 Mid-9 Treb-3 and the drive is usually on 6. im using a guitar amp, anyway my problem is that when i play my low E string it sounds...woody? pingy? it sounds odd and very pingy, for some reason when i hear it the adjective i think of is wood-like hollow maybe? anyway, im wondering if the string gauge is too high and if i got a bit of a thinner string, the problem would go away, thoughts on this?

Theres your problem. Nothing you do will fix this problem except buying a bass amp
yeah i took that all into acount, i had no other amp and my brother doesnt play guitar anymore so i figured what the hell? but if nothing else will solve this problem then....damn.
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.