today before turning in, i realized that the clothes i was wearing made me look like a billboard for rock n' metal: i was wearing a mastodon hoodie over a zeppelin shirt, evh shoes, metallica wallet, and (unknown to the public) sex pistols boxers. it kinda made me feel like a *****. does anybody else do this?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Well, when school was in, everyday I would where a different band T-shirt. I don't think there's anything wrong with it really.
Definitely not. I only buy the most bad ass looking band shirts, and I wear them rarely. I feel like a tool in them, no offense to you. Just seems like all the kids have a Pink Floyd or Suicide Silence shirt on these days.
Jeez, I usually just wear a band tee. Everything else I wear is leftover from my skateboarding days
I wear band shirts because I give a far bigger shit about music than I do about clothes, and it makes the whole process of buying them easier.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
na most of my clothes was given to me i dont have time to shop for clothes im too busy actually whoring myself out
but seriously no one would know from my clothes what bands i like
aside from my metal up your ass shirt
Quote by whalepudding
I wear band shirts because I give a far bigger shit about music than I do about clothes, and it makes the whole process of buying them easier.

says it all
Quote by huevos
Read the title and I am a bit disappointed. I thought this was gunna be about wild nights of fellatio and spunk.

this.

OT: band shorts are cool. but having extreme band related attire like metallica socks is a bit over the top
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Yeah, actually right now I'm wearing a Pour Habit tee, NOFX jacket and Sex Pistols shoes.
I think it's just easier to buy If you like a band, then you're more likely to want their merch. Well, I find it easier to buy a band tshirt than normal clothes

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by carlos_almighty
today before turning in, i realized that the clothes i was wearing made me look like a billboard for rock n' metal: i was wearing a mastodon hoodie over a zeppelin shirt, evh shoes, metallica wallet, and (unknown to the public) sex pistols boxers. it kinda made me feel like a *****. does anybody else do this?

Only if it's same cliché merch every other kid picks up at Hot Topic or Wal-Mart.

And don't over do it. If you have your Beherit or Reversal of Man tshirt, you don't need a Profanatica hoodie and 50 other pieces of merch.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by huevos
Read the title and I am a bit disappointed. I thought this was gunna be about wild nights of fellatio and spunk.
This.

What gives TS?

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Isn't it a bit hot for a hoodie?

I CALL LIES

i wear a hoodie pretty much 24/7. i like 'em is all.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
If you're not whoring for the band, you'd probably just be advertising for a company that exclusively makes clothes (Hollister, Quicksilver, Vans, etc.) so if you actually like the band it's nice to support them.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well.. Technically you're paying them for the right to advertise them. So you're not really whoring yourself. You're just paying to be a walking billboard. Which is way worse. Chump.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Not much my style anymore, but I have no problem wearing a band shirt now and then.
no, I don't ***** myself to the bands that are on my clothes, namely because I actually like the bands that are on the shirts I wear. If you ***** yourself to a band, I think that it would be when one wears merch from a band yet have no clue who they are or what songs they play
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
No offense but I'd probably think you're a douchebag.

Merch is okay but it is just that. Merch.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by carlos_almighty

No. I generally prefer clothes that don't show prominent brand marks. Though I do own a few band shirts that I bust out on occasion.

I personally find that by wearing so many band clothes, you're trying too hard outwardly to identify yourself with a certain part of your personality, which is that you like music/certain bands. Not that there's anything wrong with wearing band clothes, but as like a stylistic theme I think it's a bit much.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jul 6, 2010,
I have a fair few band shirts and I think it's alright to wear them. Just wearing socks and such from bands is too far
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I only wear band T-shirts of local underground bands that I buy at their concerts and fests. Or some underrated death/black metal bands but those are harder to get. And slayer....
I like Band T-shirts, I find that the designs such as Iron Maiden and early Metallica album covers are quite cool looking and would look good on a T-shirt and/or other piece of merchandise anyway.

Also if you go out and meet people and you're wearing merchandise of a band they like then it is a good conversation starter.

However it is important not to over-do it. Having Iron Maiden shoes with a Megadeth shirt, a Pantera braclet and etc; just looks overdone.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
The only band merch I own is a Les Claypool tshirt
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Caleb B
Definitely not. I only buy the most bad ass looking band shirts, and I wear them rarely. I feel like a tool in them, no offense to you. Just seems like all the kids have a Pink Floyd or Suicide Silence shirt on these days.

+ 1

I wear the most plain clothes ever. Except for Converse shoes.
I own quite a few band Tees, but only shirts. I think band shorts are kinda odd anyway, and the hoodies usually overpriced.
signature
I wear exclusively band tees, but i don't have any band hoodies or anything else. It's kind of my style i guess...

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Caleb B

This. Everyone I know has a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon shirt. If I went up to them and asked them about any other album than that one, they probably wouldn't know who what I'm talking about.

These are the same kids that don't know who The Beatles or Led Zeppelin are, but if you ask them about the latest flavor-of-the-week band they would know right away what you're talking about.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
i typically wear band shirts and the whatnot, but i definatly over wear this shirt:
MOTORHEAD
i've rebought it so many times because i just wear it out all the time