I think I fell in love with the spec and looks of this guitar

I just love this seafoam finish, the light weight, the two coil tapped humbuckers, the stoptail... Why does it have to be so expensive !

Does anybody here own one or has tried one ? I couldn't find any user review on it...

With the tone I heard on youtube videos, with the single coils it could probably nail the RHCP tones, as well as some RATM, and bluesy strat tones... And with the humbuckers I'm pretty sure AC/DC, Slash or Eagles of Death Metal would sound awesome.
Plus this baby has 24 frets, not that it's of any use for me right now, but one day I might get good enough.

What do you guys think of it ?

I'm definitely gonna try it if any of my local shop has it ! The major problem is actually that new it probably sells for 2'200 $ in Switzerland (our local shops are expensive)... if I could get my hands on a used one, I saw one guy selling his for 1200$. But it's in red finish, and I only want the seafoam finish, or the blue one, so I'm not optimistic to find a used one.

Anyway I'm not in a hurry, it'll wait till next year for sure, but is it worth saving my money ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Your amp doesn't suit the high mira.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I like how people get offended by the thought of someone using an expensive guitar into a practice amp
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
you should look at schecter hellraisers as well because they have pretty much the same specs
As I said, it's not anything I'd buy soon, I don't have the money. Plus there are other effects and stuff I want to buy first.

However since we are talking about amps, then do you mean I should go bigger/higher wattage ? Cause I got myself a small tube amp because I play at home for fun, and if I want to crank it without using the Muff Pi, it allready gets bloody loud. Of course I know Laney is not necessarly a high end brand, and the Cub series is "budget tubes", but the tone I get is pretty decent.

Edit: In order not get flammed more than that, I was mentioning this as the guitar I dream to get... so pleases be gentle .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Jul 6, 2010,
Dude,

if you like it and it suits you and it does everything you want it to then get it. Bollocks to what anyone says. They're not going to be the ones playing it or using your kit.

If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.
[
Quote by Skuzzmo
Dude,

if you like it and it suits you and it does everything you want it to then get it. Bollocks to what anyone says. They're not going to be the ones playing it or using your kit.

If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Haha thanks mate .

Well you know I mainly created this thread because I wanted to know what people think about this guitar, and maybe some people had played it. Instead of what, people decided to tell me my amp sucks ^^. Well at least I know I should consider changing it sometimes then, even though I don't really know with what.

I don't plan on buying that guitar soon, as I said it's ridiculously expensive, unless I could find it second hand which is unlikely, I probably still won't have it in a year.
It's just that I was setting myself a goal. And this is currently the guitar that I'd want to own the most. Since I'm still a beginner, it's no big deal if I can't buy it anytime soon.

What's wrong with having a high goal ? We're not all Michael Shumacher, but is that a reason not to dream of a ferrari ? At least this isn't as expensive hehe.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I've played one for like 5 minutes before I had to leave the store. It felt great! Was like half a year ago but the thing was really good to play, you should try to locate one and try it for yourself. You probably won't be disappointed =)
ive played the mira. it does what it says on the tin as well as you could realistically hope for. there is not a single way i could fault the guitar in doing what it does. it has a very high build quality, a sound that is competitive with the world's best, the same neck as the other prs' and has a lot of tonal variety.

but if what you are looking for does not match with what the mira offers, you wont like it.
worth saving for.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I dont like the looks, i think its one of the uglier PRS models. But i do like the specs alot.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
For a reason, I got a thing for blue/teal guitars . And I like the kinda retro shape it has, a bit like a (smaller) double-cutaway LP.

And with the 25 scale, and the splittable HB, must sound great for: Classic rock, Hard rock, Garage rock, Grunge, blues etc... seems very polyvalent to me.

The only thing it probably doesn't do well is metal, but I don't play metal anyway. Because of the output of the pickups isn't it ? The only thing I'd like to play that I might not be able to are the down-tuned Queens of the Stone Age songs.

Thanks for feedback guys .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
i really like the look of these guitars. if they had been around when i got my peavey wolfgang or my les paul i might have gone for this instead. definitely very cool guitars!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I love that finish, and I love that body style, but man they do not go well together.

I'll have to look for that bad boy next time I'm in a store.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by gregs1020
worth saving for.

this

I really did enjoy the mira. it played and sounded great
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i'm also a big fan of the new Starla. really really cool looking guitars they've been coming out with lately

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Blompcube
I like how people get offended by the thought of someone using an expensive guitar into a practice amp

LMAO!! And the same happens when someone wants to install high-end pickups (and EMGs above all).
the mira is the prs model that directly lines up in build materials to the SG. it will do everything you want it to. so is the starla.

also, they have now released the mira x, which has basically a solid african basswood body instead of mahogany.
I´ve set up and tested quite a few of these guitars and they are great guitars for the price, playability is fantastic as well as the sounds you can pull from them, and is perfect for gigging due to the fact that they are so light.
Quote by drx14iskwl
i know its not the same but you could probably find a fake for a few hundred.

Wat? Did you just seriously advise TS to buy a fake PRS?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

About these PRS stoptails: How the hell do you adjust the intonation?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
About these PRS stoptails: How the hell do you adjust the intonation?

with an allen key. behind each post is a set screw that you use to adjust it. so top and bottom, it works great.