Page 1 of 10
So I dunno how many of you are aware (I assume most of you in the UK are..) but there's a gunman on the run in north-east England.

Basic story is he was released from prison last Thursday. Over the weekend he's found his ex and her boyfriend, shot and killed him and seriously injuring her.
The next day/a couple days later he's randomly shot a policeman who was sitting in his car on patrol (only 15 miles from where I live)

He's now well.. no one knows where he is, but a car linked to him has been located in a small village north of Newcastle.

Police have put a 2-mile exclusion zone around the village and told everyone to stay inside.

All armed poilce in the north-east have been deployed, and officers from other forces have been called in to the region.

He's allegedly sent a 49-page letter into the police, including the line "Last night I declared war on Northumbria Police."

He's said the public shouldnt worry about him, but the police should, as he'll 'keep killing them until he's dead'

Pretty scary stuff, especially as it's so close to home for me.
There's armed poilce pretty much everywhere I go..

Sorry for the wall of text

One of the news stories
Right, well I'll just stay in Australia and cancel any further travel plans.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Seriously? a 49 page letter? FOURTYNINE page letter?

They couldn't find a guy who was just sat in his house writing a letter that probably took him a fair few days?

Jeez

I know he's killed people, but now we know where he was for these last couple of days at least
Quote by MightyAl
Where in Northumbria is this exactly?(my brother's in-laws live there)

Rothbury is the village they've got the excusion zone around.

He shot the policeman in west Newcastle and the other two in Gateshead
I usually want to be a cop; walk around, eat donuts, the simple life. Then stories like these come around and I know better.

Good luck, people of the UK.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
two words: Vigilante Justice. You can do it bro
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by sam b
Rothbury is the village they've got the excusion zone around.

He shot the policeman in west Newcastle and the other two in Gateshead

Google maps tells me that's about 20 miles from them, with (from what I recall) I rather hilly national park in the way.
Bit of a relief.
The guy is ****ed in the head

He said it's all because of what they did to him and his missus. He commited a crime and was jailed, she left him whilst he was inside. He has only himself to blame.
What even goes into a 49 page letter?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ILuvPillows?

I'm thinking "I am a fish" 500 times, at least.
Quote by MightyAl

Well what amuses me even more about the police ineptitude to find this guy is he wrote it by hand, and sent a copy to the Sun as well.

So either he wrote out a 49 page letter twice or he went down to the shops and used the photocopier, without getting caught
Theres been helicopters flying around my area for the last two days. He also used work in Liquid in town as a bouncer apparently, I'm sure I remember him. Might not have been the same guy though, but remember someone similar looking.

The cop he shot was like 10 minutes from my house.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by ILuvPillows?

I'm more worried about not getting shot by some mad man, at this moment in time
Quote by sam b
I'm more worried about not getting shot by some mad man, at this moment in time

He's only after police though, or so he says. Unless you like, try to take him down or something.
Quote by SMH07
He's only after police though, or so he says. Unless you like, try to take him down or something.

I'm sceptical of that letter Probably isnt even from him
Its weird though, something like this happening so close to home.
Just don't go to any fancy dress parties dressed as a policeman and you'll be fine
"Armed police are guarding a middle school"

Why would he be in a middle school

I'd be shitting myself if was a kid in that school
Damn... to think a maniac like that is in the same country as me is strange XD. Let's hope he gets caught and soon.
This will start a RIOT! in me
i live just outside detroit. try thousands of gunman's out every night
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Just track him down using your dog-like nose powers, hand 'em in to the cops, then get monies.
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by shredmeiser101
i live just outside detroit. try thousands of gunman's out every night

Lol gunman's.

I think you mean gunmen.
When the police find him, what can they do

Sure, they're armed, but going on everything that's happened so far, and what he's said.. he'll shoot at them..

The dont have.. any protection on their face.. just body armour/silly little helmets, so he can effectively kill them. Are they allowed to.. shoot and kill him or..?
Quote by sam b
The dont have.. any protection on their face, so he can effectively kill them. Are they allowed to.. shoot and kill him or..?

Probably.

The people in the ARUs must be thrilled, they never get to actually do anything over here.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Probably.

The people in the ARUs must be thrilled, they never get to actually do anything over here.

Must be. They've got them in from everywhere by the looks of it
Even as far as Greater Manchester.

I wouldnt be too thrilled, searching for a guy intent on killing police, with no face/decent head protection, though
Quote by sam b

Sure, they're armed, but going on everything that's happened so far, and what he's said.. he'll shoot at them..

The dont have.. any protection on their face.. just body armour/silly little helmets, so he can effectively kill them. Are they allowed to.. shoot and kill him or..?

If he's a danger to the public and someone is likely going to be killed, they can shoot him. It's a last resort though. They have to account for every single bullet fired, even if it wasn't a hit.
Quote by sam b

Orders to shoot on sight as far as I've read.
Quote by MightyAl

That sounds familiar. Do you reckon he did a funny little dance and then fainted too?
Quote by leg end
If he's a danger to the public and someone is likely going to be killed, they can shoot him. It's a last resort though. They have to account for every single bullet fired, even if it wasn't a hit.

They don't have too many other options in this case.
So far as anyone can tell, he's going to shoot at police on sight - he's already seriously injured one, and he got shot just for being the first policeman the guy saw, for all they know.
Seriously, if I thought he was likely to shoot me on sight, I'd just be hoping I was faster.
why is the uk so ****ed up lately...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by MightyAl

And he still failed the exam.

Remember reading extracts from the mammoth letter, he's clearly unhinged but he's actually well aware of it. He also apologised for shooting his girlfriend.

inb4 bring back hanging.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by dustyboy316
why is the uk so ****ed up lately...

Kentucky has always been a bit messed up never mind just the university.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Just the random shootings. It's like you guys just found out guns can kill people and they became easily available and all the nutters are going wild haha.

Maybe it's 2012 messing with their heads...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.