I am curious as to opinions on which amp is better for a wider range of sounds. I guess I am looking for something that can handle good cleans, throaty blues, classic rock, and some metal tones while retaining the tube warmth associated with these three amps.

In your opinion, which amp is the better purchase as far as quality and being that jack of all trades:

-Blackstar HT Studio 20
-Jet City JCA2112RC
-Bugera V55

Unfortunately I am not in the situation to try out all three and do an A/B comparison and I have done with my larger rigs.

Wattage does not concern me much as this is strictly for home practice. I have larger amps for anything where volume is essential. I am just curious what the general opinion on these items would be. Thank you kindly.
I don't know much about the Bugera, But I played the Blackstar and loved it. Really great for rock/blues, but its pretty difficult to reach the metal tones (I thought).
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I love the Blackstar. I love the JetCity. Haven't heard the Bugera live.

But if you're looking for a home practice amp you might want to consider lower wattage. To get the tubes nice, hot and sizzling on any of those will have you blowing down the walls.

There are some nice 5-10 watt amps (or higher but with an attenuation knob) that would allow you to turn them to "11" and still maintain a somewhat civil household.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by forsaknazrael
If this is really for home practice, where volume is an issue, even a 5 watt tube amp may be too loud.

Good point...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Uh I'm going to just say save $300 bucks and say get a pignose.
Reasons:
1: Sound. Beautiful clean and distorts really well as you bump up the volume
2: Portable. Can be run on batteries, and small enough for some bedside latenight jammings
3 Use. Sounds great with electric guitar, acoustic guitar, vocals, and my ole' mum even uses it for folk harp. It has a preamp out for use with smaller gigs with a pa system.

Cons:
Won't reach metal tones.

I really like the little piggys
If you're not living in a single-family home all of those seem a bit to loud for a practice amp.
I don't understand this "it might be too loud for home use" people use high wattage amps at home, just keeping the volume low. Not everyone needs power tube saturation at TV volumes.

For versatility the Blackstar HT Studio 20 will be the best as it can get pretty heavy distortion and schweet cleans. The Jet City is nice but being only 1 channel it's a bit less versatile.
I don't understand this "it might be too loud for home use" people use high wattage amps at home, just keeping the volume low. Not everyone needs power tube saturation at TV volumes.

Obviously anything can be played with the volume low. That doesn’t mean it’s not worthwhile to find something that will sound good with the volume low.
Soldano I choose you!!!
you lose things at low volumes that have nothing to do with the amp.
it's the feel of sound gently caressing your ear drums and making you go deaf.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by jpnyc

Obviously anything can be played with the volume low. That doesn’t mean it’s not worthwhile to find something that will sound good with the volume low.

I just don't understand the "get a low watt amp and crank it" answer that is given to practically every amp query on this forum.

The Blackstar sounded great when I tried it out at low volume in a shop, and a 5watt amp isn't going to be able to do great cleans, or get cranked up at home.