I didn't know i was supposed to.

;_;

noooooooooooooooo.

Should this be a problem?

I also noticed this buzzing sound when i strike a string. Like a part of a string is hitting something it's not supposed to D:

;_;
how do i add you on the chat? it looks sorta straight. I cant tell. Should it be obvious that it's warped?
like said, you don't need pictures. do this...

fret the low E first fret. at the same time,
fret the low E last fret. where the neck and body meet ~AROUND THE 19TH.

with both places held, look at the middle frets. 7-9th.

is the string laying on the fretwire there?

does a credit card fit in the middle gap?

measure and post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if you have to push it, then it doesn't fit.

does a medium pick fit in the gap?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

No, i'm guessing it's already warped. I'm pretty new in taking care of my guitar since im just used to stock settings. Is there a way to fix this?
yes.

if a medium pick doesnt fit,
then when you loosened the tension off the neck, the neck relaxed and caused buzz.

to reverse this,
you'll want to get the correct sized allen wrench,
and turn the truss rod, 1/4 turn Counter clockwise.

don't force the turn. let the guitar settle in tune.

and post back tomorrow if necessary.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 6, 2010,
I'm scared to mess with the truss rod. ;_; I think I'll just take it to a guitar store in fear of causing even more damage to it. ;_;
Quote by LightningCookie
so i just need to get my guitar to a store and it's all good right?

if you don't feel right doing it yourself that's the best option.

just because i didn't really see it posted. you did tune it back up to standard right?
No, I panicked and put some old guitar strings on it. Since when i took out the original strings, they couldn't fit anymore
Quote by LightningCookie
No, I panicked and put some old guitar strings on it. Since when i took out the original strings, they couldn't fit anymore

are those strings for an electric or acoustic guitar? the ones you put on...
Quote by LightningCookie
For an acoustic, but they were a nylon set. The original was a steel string set

this explains the problem. they are different, nylons are a much less tension string.

you need to have acoustic strings on it if it's not a classical or flamenco guitar. get a set of acoustic guitar strings, .12s, put them on and report back.

you may want to just have a tech at the store restring it and set it up. it costs about $30 at my local shop.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 6, 2010,
leave it to greg. ^

yeah, TS i assumed you had a guitar already in tune, with correct strings.
that would be the first thing to take care of.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by gregs1020
this explains the problem. they are different, nylons are a much less tension string.

you need to have acoustic strings on it if it's not a classical or flamenco guitar. get a set of acoustic guitar strings, .12s, put them on and report back.

you may want to just have a tech at the store restring it and set it up. it costs about $30 at my local shop.

No wait, originally, i loosened up the strings for a few weeks since a string broke and I became too busy with some other stuff. Since i read taht some people loosen up their strigns when travelling i thought that it should be loosened up when not in use. I decided to get rid of the strings all together since i was going to buy some new ones 2 days from now. Then i read the the guitar shouldnt be unstringed. I panicked. I couldnt put the original ones back on, so i got my old nylon strings from an old crap guitar and put them on my guitar since i got scared and stuff.
Quote by LightningCookie
bump

Don't bump so quickly. This is a forum, not a chat room. Help is on the way.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by LightningCookie
No wait, originally, i loosened up the strings for a few weeks since a string broke and I became too busy with some other stuff. Since i read taht some people loosen up their strigns when travelling i thought that it should be loosened up when not in use. I decided to get rid of the strings all together since i was going to buy some new ones 2 days from now. Then i read the the guitar shouldnt be unstringed. I panicked. I couldnt put the original ones back on, so i got my old nylon strings from an old crap guitar and put them on my guitar since i got scared and stuff.

i got all that. what's the fuss?

like i said put normal acoustic .12s on there and see what happens. it's probably fine. if not a simple have a tech tweak the truss rod since you don't feel right doing it.

either way, it'll be fine.
^+1 dude, you have nylon strings on. they dont have the same tension and it's allowing your guitar to stay in a relaxed state.

also, no need to panic about any of this.

once you string up with steel strings, it'll either be fine, or need a slight adjustment.

this isnt something that's going to "break" your guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62