hey

im going to buy a Peavey 6505 head and was just wondering what cab u peps would recommend??

i mainly play hardcore, death metal, deathcore etc etc, so im looking for something with some beef! im going to be gigging with the setup so i know i need a 4x12.

any recommendations would be appreciated, thank you
To be honest I don't think you NEED a 4x12 to gig but Mesas, Oranges, Avatars, and Vaders seem to be good choices.
I think its more important on what type of speaker you use, rather then what brand cabinet it is.......
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
I think its more important on what type of speaker you use, rather then what brand cabinet it is.......

Nope cabinet construction, thickness of wood, and type of wood all play a big role. I particularly don't like Vader, Marshall, or Avatar. I'd go with a Mesa, Mills, Orange, or Bogner. Then again you never gave a price range and that's all just my opinion.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Yeah, you don't NEED a 4x12, nothing wrong with wanting one, but a 2x12 would be fine.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
if you're looking to add tonnes of bass response and spread your sound out, get a 4x12. I wouldnt reccommend marshall, with a 6505 though, it just doesnt sound right. orange or mesa would be your best options, unless you're in the USA, when avatar is a good option, for completely customised cabs.