176 85%
No
30 15%
Voters: 206.
Page 1 of 3
Yep.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
My father and I are often at odds with each other and we tend to argue a lot, but they do pretty much provide everything for me. And being a poor college student, that's important. Yeah, I like 'em most of the time.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Yeah, single parent family. I loove my mum Although she acts very immature sometimes, throws tantrums like a motherfucker

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

I resent the decisions my parents make and the restrictions they set a lot of the time, but overall I know it's because they care about me. And they have been providing a great life for me, and they love me a lot, so yeah, I like my parents. They're not exactly "cool" parents, but they're definitely good ones.
Yeah. They have their moments where I want to strangle them, but then everyone does.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Got no reason to dislike them, we have our disagreements and some wildly differing opinions, and they're a tad overprotective/patronizing at times, but they've done a hell of a lot for me and always have the best of intentions.
I can't vote on the poll.

My mother abandoned me when I was about 7 and only recently came back into my life via Facebook (pathetic, I know).

My dad has done barely anything to raise me over the years but he has at least been in my life. Mainly, it has been my grandparents raising me.

I don't like my mother but I like my father.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
As much as I might bitch a lot I get clothed, fed, and a place to sleep all without being beaten on a regular basis. So yeah, its all good.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by RockGuitar92
My mother abandoned me when I was about 7 and only recently came back into my life via Facebook (pathetic, I know).
My dad did the same. Now he wants to meet up. Think I'll pass.
Well my parents both support my post-secondary decisions and help me out financially in many ways. They're pretty chill about me going out places with friends, doing things in my bedroom with my girlfriend, and they give me a lot of privacy on most days.

But on the other hand, my mom has lately been obsessing over things that don't even matter. She'll demand me to do things like wash the windows when they're not even dirty and vacuum the entire house on a weekly basis. I sometimes feel like my family of 4 just works perpetually to clean the house and we never even have fun together; not because we need to but just because my mom is so goddamn picky about everything.

I don't like the amount of pressure my mom puts on me towards being perfect either. She complained to the school when my yearbook photo didn't have my acne photoshopped out and she had a parent-teacher conference and a little chat with me when I got a B in P.E. class.

TL;DR: My parents are pretty sweet except my mom is a control freak and wants everything to be perfect and blatantly tells me what all my faults are on a regular basis.
Yeah they're ok. You get on with your parents better once you realise that literally everyone has personality flaws. I used to get angry with my parents for messing up because I wanted them to be good parents, not just the people they are.

Plus I don't live with my mum any more so she can't tell me what to do
I love my mom, we get along very good

but my dad is always working, day and night, and if he says something, he does that to put me in my place :/
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Jackal58
Belgium ain't got no stinkin' cowboys.

Just paedophiles and chocolate.

~Shadowdust~
I disagree with my father constantly, everything must be done when he wants it done, no working around my schedule i'm expected to drop everything, doesn't matter though as I tell him i'll do it in however many hours, and he'll say i said now, and i'll tell him to go **** himself i'm not doing it at all now.

But I like them.
My step-mum's pretty cool most of the time because she treats me like her son and I treat her like my mum. She throws a lot of pointless bitch fits but meh. Dad's cool - not fun when he's angry though.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
my parents do what they can for me. so i put yes
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
My parents are cool, they had me at 18 so they're not as old as most parents and that made a parent/friendship type relationship easier to achieve. I hardly get to see my dad cuz he lives 300 miles away but we're a creepy amount alike so we get along great.
yeah man! Me and my dad have pretty much an identical sense of humour, so when we get together we bounce off of each other, it's awesome!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

My parents never let me go to parties and hang out with kids. You would think I studied well( But that's not the case here. I studied bad and my almost whole childhood was devoted to studying. Because I didn't hang out with the other kids I became somewhat of a hermit. I didn't have a gf(then they would ask me why lol), wasn't an emo or a punk or a hip-hop dude, never played D&D, never went to party and etc. But thanks to that I never really listened to the music other kids did. I listened to whatever I liked. That's how I came to the wonderful world of metal. It was like: you're a hermit and everyone doesn't give a **** about you? Who cares? Not you. You'll be big one day and crush the bones of your foes.' The metal gave me strength to withstand a lot of shit. Thnx mom thnx dad))))
Quote by Grimriffer
My parents never let me go to parties and hang out with kids. You would think I studied well( But that's not the case here. I studied bad and my almost whole childhood was devoted to studying. Because I didn't hang out with the other kids I became somewhat of a hermit. I didn't have a gf(then they would ask me why lol), wasn't an emo or a punk or a hip-hop dude, never played D&D, never went to party and etc. But thanks to that I never really listened to the music other kids did. I listened to whatever I liked. That's how I came to the wonderful world of metal. It was like: you're a hermit and everyone doesn't give a **** about you? Who cares? Not you. You'll be big one day and crush the bones of your foes.' The metal gave me strength to withstand a lot of shit. Thnx mom thnx dad))))

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I love mine, though I am not good at showin it, other than being friendly and avoid being on odds with them.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I like most things about my parents, obviously not everything, but they love and support me for sure.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
No. They're alcoholics who have been sober for close to 25 years and have been a roadblock to me in many ways. Including trying to prevent me from taking prescription medication for ADHD based on their ideological fear of addiction. There's also more personal things but the pit always sides with the parents.
Page 1 of 3