Alright. I couldn't find a good forum to put this in so I decided this ones for the Pit. So I'm competing in a battle of the bands next month and my band and I want to put on a nice show. The judges are judging on "style, skill level (respective of age), originality, audience reaction, showmanship, and teamwork." We're trying to think of ways to make our show "original" and have alot of style and all in all make it fun for the audience. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
Fake blood.

Or real blood, if you are into that.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
strip tease?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
strip tease?

haha well my singers a chic so that might be in the question

EDIT: Just kidding
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Last edited by keyboardcomrade at Jul 6, 2010,
Bandleading will have more srs answers.

Play good, recognizable (not cliched) music, and do it well. Also dress up one of your bandmates like a chicken.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by keyboardcomrade
Alright. I couldn't find a good forum to put this in so I decided this ones for the Pit. So I'm competing in a battle of the bands next month and my band and I want to put on a nice show. The judges are judging on "style, skill level (respective of age), originality, audience reaction, showmanship, and teamwork." We're trying to think of ways to make our show "original" and have alot of style and all in all make it fun for the audience. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Style - Dress well, present yourselves professionally ie. have amps set up so you don't have to mess around with them, talk to the crowd a bit, confidently.

Skill level - Play something reasonably challenging that shows all instrumentalists capabilities ie. not something massively difficult for guitars but root notes on bass.

Originality - Play original material or do covers with your own twist on them.

Audience reaction - Talk to the crowd, get them to clap along, get them to sing along if you play a well known cover.

Showmanship - This really depends on your style. For example, a metal band would synchronise headbanging, a pop band would dance on stage etc.
I think generally I would say to move around on stage a bit and look like you're enjoying yourselves, and throw in any little quirks or stage moves that develop naturally in rehearsal.

Teamwork - Play in time well with each other, rehearse well and make sure you all know your cues and count-ins, and that you know the setlist in order.

That would be my advice, anyway, have fun, man
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Style - Dress well, present yourselves professionally ie. have amps set up so you don't have to mess around with them, talk to the crowd a bit, confidently.

Skill level - Play something reasonably challenging that shows all instrumentalists capabilities ie. not something massively difficult for guitars but root notes on bass.

Originality - Play original material or do covers with your own twist on them.

Audience reaction - Talk to the crowd, get them to clap along, get them to sing along if you play a well known cover.

Showmanship - This really depends on your style. For example, a metal band would synchronise headbanging, a pop band would dance on stage etc.
I think generally I would say to move around on stage a bit and look like you're enjoying yourselves, and throw in any little quirks or stage moves that develop naturally in rehearsal.

Teamwork - Play in time well with each other, rehearse well and make sure you all know your cues and count-ins, and that you know the setlist in order.

That would be my advice, anyway, have fun, man

thanks alot man!
Quote by Dream Floyd

Quote by Paith

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez