Page 1 of 2
As I sit here wasting time until the World Cup game comes on, I narrow my stumbleupon criteria to "travel". What comes up is inspiring; a flickr account full of one man's photography of his backpacking trips around the world. It got me thinking about places I want to go, being a nature buff and all. Yosemite, Andes Mountains, Canadian Rockies, the list goes on. So I was want to hear some other people's favorite places. Post pics if you got them!

The Canadian Rockies take the cake for me. The picture is from Yoho National Park in British Columbia.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
I really don't travel a lot right now, because my parents are kinda disinterested, but I would love to start traveling a lot when I'm older and have the money.

Cascadia is great, I would go again in a second.
Iceland. Alaska. Finland.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!

Both of those are from the Canyon Creek trail in the Trinity Alps here in California.
Those picture are from last summer.

I didn't take this but you can see the both lakes. The left lake is the on in my picture.

I love that area.
ಠ_ಠ
Prague, Czech Republic

Helsinki, Finland (The REAL city of Satan)

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jul 6, 2010,
Canada or Alaska.

First person to say Australia gets heartily laughed at.
...In my opinion.
The UK
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I have so many of them I can't possibly choose. But I'll make a small top 5 list

Ok, in no particular order.

1. Socotra island

Very alien looking island. Fairly unheard of too and lots of things to explore I can imagine.

2. Hallstatt, Austria

I reaaally love the old rural village thing. Especailly when its close to water.

3. Grasmere Village, UK.

As above, I like the rural village thing. This looks so quaint.

4. Hashima island

Used to be a very very densely populated area now it's void of people. A very eerie experience I think.

5. Machu Picchu, Peru.

Speaks for itself

Really though I'd like to go everywhere. I like china alot too.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jul 6, 2010,
Ooo and Greece!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i will be traveling across Europe next summer. and plan on taking plenty of pictures. As far as anywhere specific i havent figured that out yet. but i think i should start narrowing that down
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
im with kensai ... top 5
1. china (if it werent communist is a beutiful country so vast and diverse)
2. new zealand (breath taking landscape)
3. brazil (ahhh the jungle)
4. italy (i have family there and it is culturally a rich place, history / art/ music)
5. south africa (i have a girraffe obsession LOL)
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
The favorite place I've gone to so far in my life is the Chibougamou area of Quebec. The pristine lakes up that way are amazing. I've gone on weeklong fishing trips to Lac Poutrincourt and the isolation you feel is pretty amazing, if you ask me. Not another person for miles. Plus, the sunsets are amazing

DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Well, I plan on going on a long trek across every single country in Latin America (minus those pesky little guys Guyana, Suriname, and French Guinea) and Spain. I'd also like to do some travel in Africa (to continue with the Spanish Speaking countries, I'll start with Equatorial Guinea).

I'm thinking about moving to Buenos Aires, Argentina after college. Even if I don't move there, I'm going to be studying a semester abroad there.

EDIT: If everything goes according to plan, I'll be going to Germany and Italy with my graduating class next Summer. I was supposed to go to London and Paris this Summer, but due to the current state of the economy the teacher at my school sponsoring the trip decided to cancel it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Ooo and Greece!

"Yeah" stack

Quote by MinterMan22

Helsinki, Finland (The REAL city of Satan)

WHAT?!?

Helsinki is a nice city. It isn't the "city of satan", what are you talking about?
I'd like to go to China.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by suckmahnuts
The favorite place I've gone to so far in my life is the Chibougamou area of Quebec. The pristine lakes up that way are amazing. I've gone on weeklong fishing trips to Lac Poutrincourt and the isolation you feel is pretty amazing, if you ask me. Not another person for miles. Plus, the sunsets are amazing

Chibougameau, please.

I like fishing there.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

In the U.S., I've been to most places worth visiting, there were a bunch that were just excellent. However, I missed out on a few:

Canyonlands Natl. Park/Arches Natl. Park-Utah
Monument Valley-Arizona/Utah
Carlsbad Caverns-New Mexico
Glacier Natl. Park-Montana
New York City
Yosemite Natl. Park

Now, out of the country, I've always wanted to visit Australia & various Pacific islands, like the Philippines, the Solomon Islands, or Palau. It'd even be cool to visit those World War II battle sites on Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal. Spain would be great too, and the good thing is I finally get to visit there next March.
EDIT: I completely forgot, Mount Everest and the Himalayas would be amazing.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by JeanMi36
Chibougameau, please.

I like fishing there.

My apologies, sir. The spelling of it always gives me fits
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

WHAT?!?

Helsinki is a nice city. It isn't the "city of satan", what are you talking about?

As in "Hell"sinki..

I tried...

Quote by suckmahnuts
My apologies, sir. The spelling of it always gives me fits

You're forgiven. There are many great fishing places in Quebec, I suggest you try them all!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

I plan to travel Norway, Finland and Denmark some time in the near future.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Anywhere cold and with mountains would do me just fine.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I dislike traveling in general, but if I had to go somewhere I would probably just stay in Canada and explore of BC or Alberta somewhere.
Argentina, tango music + dance + asado + Andes + latinas

around Mediterranean

Tanzania, Serengeti

Bali, culture + nature
My favorite place that I've been (and still regularly go to) is the Oregon Coast, specifically the are between Florence and Newport. It's very peaceful and quite beautiful. I'd really like to go somewhere in Europe like Austria or Denmark.
I just returned from a backpacking trip around the world, these are some of the best places I've been:

Tongariro Crossing in New Zealand:
(Invalid img)

Great Barrier Island in New Zealand:

Blue Mountains in Australia:

Ha Long Bay in Vietnam:

Me with some friends in Mui Ne in Vietnam:

Lake Saimaa in Finland:
Mumbo, are those all your originals? If so, kudos and I'm very jealous. I would love travel around the world
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Only Mui Ne is, I have some originals up, here is an original from Lake Saimaa:

and here is me on top of Mt. Ngaruhoe from the Tongariro Crossing:
North Wales is actually pretty cool, I loved it there. Can't remember the name of the places but it was pretty close to snowdonia (?) I think
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
This might not be exotic enough, but I really love New York City. Maybe it's because I live in a beautiful area/vacation spot. One issue with exotic places I've been to is the only time I've ever been is when I went with my parents in high school, and we always took cruise lines, so it always seemed like I was getting only a certain degree of the experience.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^
Lake saimaa is awesome, I haven't been there in ages

It is amazing, that pic was taken at like 10:30 pm too. I was staying with a friend in Lappeenranta who lived right on the lake. Every evening we'd have a sauna session and then immediately jump into the frigid lake and repeat. Good times.
Quote by padgea7x
North Wales is actually pretty cool, I loved it there. Can't remember the name of the places but it was pretty close to snowdonia (?) I think

I love North Wales. It's beautiful, well until they built a ****ing cafe on top of Snowdon!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
It is amazing, that pic was taken at like 10:30 pm too. I was staying with a friend in Lappeenranta who lived right on the lake. Every evening we'd have a sauna session and then immediately jump into the frigid lake and repeat. Good times.

Frigid? The lakes are pretty warm in the summer

Yeah, I miss that so much I would love to rent a cottage on one of the lakes for a week or so and just do that every day, chill out, take a sauna, go swimming... Finland is so nice
Hashima Island. Japan of course, there are a few ideal tourist attractions I'd like to see.

Finland, and the like. If anything, if I could travel around, I'd just go see some people I'd really really like to see.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Kensai
I have so many of them I can't possibly choose. But I'll make a small top 5 list

Ok, in no particular order.

1. Socotra island

Very alien looking island. Fairly unheard of too and lots of things to explore I can imagine.

As interesting as that island may seem, I'd personally never go there because it's completely rural with likely no airports meaning the only way to get there is by boat.. The island is beside Somalia... :insert pirate emoticon here:

Page 1 of 2