You guys notice that most music these days revolves around relationships? People seem to think without a boyfriend or girlfriend their life can't be whole. Why can't music be about life, of our struggles? I see people on Facebook posting lyrics about relationships, and nothing else, and it baffles me. What do you guys think?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i think relationships help create another subject to sing on but it shouldnt be used as often as it is.
music needz moar hate

plus i hate being in relationships, pointless to me

also German sig. i now love you
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Not just these days, and maybe because that's a huge part of human life?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
i think relationships help create another subject to sing on but it shouldnt be used as often as it is.
music needz moar hate

plus i hate being in relationships, pointless to me

also German sig. i now love you

My personal relationships don't really affect this. It's just it seems all my generation is capable of is going in and out of relationships and whining about it. Damn.

Und, danke
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
these days ?

Every piece of music since we started banging sticks together has been about or in some way affected by relationships. Nothing has changed.
...In my opinion.
I just broke up with the ole GF, and it had <0 impact on my lyrics. My lyrics have always been about hate though :]
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Well there used to be a lot of big problems happening in the world so there were songs written about that. Like protest songs for wars and stuff. But know people have nothing to sing about except relationships I guess.
it's among the most emotionally strong subjects for people when they're not facing harder situations. people are affected by emotions a lot, and much much much more so with younger people, so it's only natural. there are much more important issues, however.
Pretty sure less than 5% of the music I listen to is about relationships. Listen to the radio less?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by lespaul#1
My personal relationships don't really affect this. It's just it seems all my generation is capable of is going in and out of relationships and whining about it. Damn.

Und, danke

yes, it's definitely just your whiny generation which is my generation too. i blame pop rock, emo, "not-really-emo," and everything in that vein.

you can listen to metal - slashing, antireligion, paganism, psychosis, apocalypse, all that good stuff and more!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jul 6, 2010,
its not anything new, the majority of songs have always been about relationships. a lot of people can relate to failed relationships and lots of people have been thru them so they find it easier to write about. I try to avoid writing about it but i dont think there is anything wrong with it.
Well, I know a lot of music is written about it. But it seems these days it's all people cling to. People only listen to screamo about relationships around here.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
You guys notice that most music these days revolves around relationships? People seem to think without a boyfriend or girlfriend their life can't be whole. Why can't music be about life, of our struggles? I see people on Facebook posting lyrics about relationships, and nothing else, and it baffles me. What do you guys think?

Well, relationships are a huge part of life and love is one of our greatest struggles. And pop music has pretty much always been about love, and that's what most people posting lyrics on facebook are going to be listening to. If you look at other music, you'll see there's plenty of songs with content that isn't strictly about relationships.

Plus, writing a song about a failed relationship or even a good one is a great way to express emotions and relieve stress, so it's a great way for an artist to put a part of themselves into the music and feel better about their life. And most people can relate to love, as it's a pretty universal feeling.
Last edited by D&DLover at Jul 6, 2010,
Having a relationship end is a tough thing emotionally, and music (lyrics especially) are emotionally charged. If you can`t see the connection I don`t really know what to say.
My songs aren't about relationships, they're about fighting dragons while riding motorcycles and surviving in a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits and mutants.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
I write lyrics about either gore or fantasy stuff. You could say it's to do with relationships since it's meant that i've never had a real girlfriend.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Well, idk just people piss me off. I'm not sure why, most of them like me too. And they still piss me off. So you can see why this bothers me. Any serious word for a person like me? I'm not a dick.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Well, idk just people piss me off. I'm not sure why, most of them like me too. And they still piss me off. So you can see why this bothers me. Any serious word for a person like me? I'm not a dick.

I know how it is. Though people genuinly dón't like me. They find me 'interesting'.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Quote by Scutchington
My songs aren't about relationships, they're about fighting dragons while riding motorcycles and surviving in a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with bandits and mutants.

^This guy.

In all seriousness though, love and sex and relationships sell, so they're in pop music, which is why they are popular, hence the name.
Up the Punx!