i was gonna practice red house and when to bend and and i got no sound? So i went from hitting strings getting sound and when i went to a diff string diff fret the sound was dead and almost silent. Like i had to turn my amp up but if i hit a diff string it be loud as hell. I just put new strings on it.

3 string seems like always that string never has any life to it
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
maybe it's your pickups? one of the 6 magnetic things could be broken, if it only happens on that string.

try bending the string that makes no sound, and check if it makes sound at a higher position.
sounds like u have a string or strings fretting out. Your acton is probably to low or u have some fret issues. Take it to a good guitar tech!
Quote by mcamp1230
sounds like u have a string or strings fretting out. Your acton is probably to low or u have some fret issues. Take it to a good guitar tech!

this
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Did you have the problem before you changed strings? If not, what brand and type are the new strings? Nylon strings will not work on a "normal" electric guitar (one with magnetic pickups) and brass colored strings MAY not work - some do NOT have a steel core wire, and brass is not magnetic.

If the guitar has more than one pickup, does the problem happen for all pickups?
If the problem only happens when a particular pickup is selected, it is most likely that pickup. If you really do hit your strings (against the pickup pole pieces) you can break the pickup pole piece (if it is alnico magnet material), or you can break the pole piece loose from the "continuity" plate at the bottom of the pickup. Either way, you need to take the guitar to a shop.
i have a mex hss fender strat. All strings are same vol when i get to that 1 string it goes ndown in strength. Dun no how to explain it. Higher frets i get buzzing a little not as clean as the lower frets. playing thru a fender deville. vol is at 2 1.2 to 3. 3 years old or less for the guitar. never had it set up. U know in red house after the echo effect beggingin. THen u bend 2 string at 9 full step with vibrato.

Its the 2 string btw. once i hit that i was like wtf. Where did my sound go? i got a foot switch pedal hooked up.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
If you have a curve to your fretboard like on most Strats for example, then you may suffer from strings fretting out if the guitar isnt set up quite right. Take it to a guitar tech, should be a relatively cheap job to get fixed.
Quote by silly6-string
i have a mex hss fender strat. All strings are same vol when i get to that 1 string it goes ndown in strength. Dun no how to explain it. Higher frets i get buzzing a little not as clean as the lower frets. playing thru a fender deville. vol is at 2 1.2 to 3. 3 years old or less for the guitar. never had it set up. U know in red house after the echo effect beggingin. THen u bend 2 string at 9 full step with vibrato.

Its the 2 string btw. once i hit that i was like wtf. Where did my sound go? i got a foot switch pedal hooked up.

Is it normal before you bend?
What happens on the other 2 pick ups?