Page 1 of 2
Guys, I listen to ADTR, Silverstein and other bands in the emo punk genres. Ive been listening to them for a while and I need some more to listen to. Help me with a list you reommend
This is my genre... Senses Fail, Escape the Fate, Eyes Set To kill, Underoath, The Used, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Lovehatehero, Bless The Fall, and Alexisonfire.
sell your record collection and pretend you never liked these bands, it's what you'll be doing in 2 or 3 years
Quote by BK202
Acid has been causing problems on this thread for a while. He just likes attention because he never got/gets enough from his parents or something.
...oy

Me skullery hurts.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Really? Mans oh mans. Frame and Canvas is perfection.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by zchavez09
blink. its a requirement to like them if you want to post in the pop punk/emo forum

I guess that explains why I've never posted here ... until now
All time low
Bowling for soup
the starting line
something corporate
sugarcult
jimmy eat the world
fenix tx
sum 41
simple plan
good charlotte
relient k
all american rejects
smash mouth
the ramones
boys like girls
new found glory
gold finger
smash mouth
weezer
Quote by acid hydrolysis
sell your record collection and pretend you never liked these bands, it's what you'll be doing in 2 or 3 years

What's up man ??

Anyways anything Post-Hardcore man :P Story Of The Year, Enter Shikari, The Amity Affliction...
Highly recommend Senses Fail!
Quote by acid hydrolysis

I fricken love ADTR and there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote by Grimwade
Anyways anything Post-Hardcore man :P Story Of The Year, Enter Shikari, The Amity Affliction...

I though you said post-hardcore?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Grimwade
What's up man ??

That's stupid. Don't say things when you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by lordofthefood1
I fricken love ADTR and there's nothing wrong with that.

I though you said post-hardcore?

Those bands are Post-Hardcore
except for many Enter Shikari, which is Electro-core
Quote by Grimwade
Those bands are Post-Hardcore
except for many Enter Shikari, which is Electro-core

That's even dumber. I can't tell if this is funny or just sad.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
That's stupid. Don't say things when you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude do you guys even know what Post-Hardcore is, go Wikipedia it
Quote by Grimwade
Dude do you guys even know what Post-Hardcore is, go Wikipedia it

Dude, did you just cite wiki to try and prove your point?
Seriously, you're talking to people who ACTUALLY know something about music. The 14 year olds who edited that wiki entry aren't really a voice of expertise.

Those bands aren't post-hardcore. At the Drive In, La Dispute, etc. are post hardcore.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Dude, did you just cite wiki to try and prove your point?
Seriously, you're talking to people who ACTUALLY know something about music. The 14 year olds who edited that wiki entry aren't really a voice of expertise.

Those bands aren't post-hardcore. At the Drive In, La Dispute, etc. are post hardcore.

Dude seriously you can't just push aside all the new post-hardcore bands cause you don't like them, these bands include hard screaming vocals as well as regular vocals and
have noticeable guitar play.

Besides what would someone gain from editing a Wikipedia article, the people who wrote information on the Post-Hardcore section make more senses than you.
Quote by Grimwade
Dude seriously you can't just push aside all the new post-hardcore bands cause you don't like them, these bands include hard screaming vocals as well as regular vocals and
have noticeable guitar play.

Besides what would someone gain from editing a Wikipedia article, the people who wrote information on the Post-Hardcore section make more senses than you.

Christ you're dumb.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa

Christ you're dumb.

Well I guess you couldn't come up with a rebuttal defending that your facts were right, instead just blatantly insulting me.
Grow up man and research before you respond to me.
I bet you think every band with screaming is "screamo" too, don't you?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I bet you think every band with screaming is "screamo" too, don't you?

Uhh no. Most retards at my school think anything close to post-hardcore, or contains hard vocals is scremo.
Well, I'm done arguing because let's face it, you're 15/16 and you have a lot to learn about music still.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Well, I'm done arguing because let's face it, you're 15/16 and you have a lot to learn about music still.

Yeah what ever this will get nowhere, i have my views and you have yours.
Your view and my view doesn't matter; it's not subjective. You can't call, oh, let's say Senses Fail krautrock. That's flat out wrong.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
On modern post-hardcore: I see influence from real post-hardcore, mall pop-punk, and modern hardcore/metalcore. The elements are apparent from each for most of the modern post-hardcore bands. I don't know what I would consider them, to be honest.

Music changed a lot in the mid 90s - early 2000s.
Now say his name.....
What are you talking about? La Dispute is "modern post-hardcore" as well. Ugh, this is stupid.

I really don't see a resemblance between old post hardcore and Story of the Year, and the fact that this whole argument is based on "screaming as well as clean vocals"=post hardcore is nothing short of absurd. That isn't now, nor has it ever been a definitive characteristic of post hardcore. All I'm saying is yeah, if you think that that's what makes up a post hardcore band, then of course you're going to assume that those bands fall into the category, but that's as wrong as saying Enter Shikari is death metal because I believe all death metal bands have synth and spoken word interludes.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Aug 6, 2010,
^^^^^^^^^^^ This is what I consider a stupid arguement.
Too lazy to come up with a clever or relevant sig.
Quote by InstantAXonHero
This is what I consider post-hardcore:

Rookie - Boysetsfire

NOSTALGIARAMA!

But yes, I concur, just as I do with the stupid argument comment.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by PCADriven
^^^^^^^^^^^ This is what I consider a stupid arguement.

Who? Me?

Quote by nashawa
What are you talking about? La Dispute is "modern post-hardcore" as well. Ugh, this is stupid.

I really don't see a resemblance between old post hardcore and Story of the Year, and the fact that this whole argument is based on "screaming as well as clean vocals"=post hardcore is nothing short of absurd. That isn't now, nor has it ever been a definitive characteristic of post hardcore. All I'm saying is yeah, if you think that that's what makes up a post hardcore band, then of course you're going to assume that those bands fall into the category, but that's as wrong as saying Enter Shikari is death metal because I believe all death metal bands have synth and spoken word interludes.

And who are you talking to? It best not be me because my argument has nothing to deal with "screaming as well as clean vocals" and in fact, I never once mentioned vocals in my post, let alone said what I thought the influences that modern post-hardcore takes from the genres I listed.

Also, modern doesn't refer to a chronology, there are still real post-hardcore bands (as well as real hardcore punk). I use modern to differentiate between the two genres that have the same name.

So, curiously, I am just wondering who you two are talking about before I get upset or something. I do not like being upset without knowing why, so I would prefer to figure out who you two are talking to.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 2