Hi people i need help
my friend is currently in the usa n told me he's going to get me an iphone , becuase its half the price there
i live in bahrain
would i be able to operate the phone here , or do i have to use a crack , jailbreak or whatever
It will be locked to an American network and you will need to get it jailbroken to use it with a different sim card.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It will be locked to an American network and you will need to get it jailbroken to use it with a different sim card.

Then apple will come out with a phone breaking patch to PUNISH THE UNBELIEVERS OF THE MIGHTY APPL-

sorry... I don't know what came over me.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Jailbreaking?

There's an app for that.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

If you bought an iphone you need a special type of help which involves padded rooms and regular doses of sedatives
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by osXtiger
Then apple will come out with a phone breaking patch to PUNISH THE UNBELIEVERS OF THE MIGHTY APPL-

sorry... I don't know what came over me.
I dub thee an Apple Jihadist, sir!

@TS:
In all seriousness, TS, you'll need to prolly get a new sim card from a local company in your country.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

you have to read up on firmware and basebands. you have to first jailbreak an iphone than unlock it after that to use the phone on another carrier.

now if i remember correctly when apple released the 3.1.3 firmware for the iphone, it updated the baseband and permanently locked it so the phone couldn't be unlocked to use with another carrier. but that was almost 9 months ago. i wouldnt doubt that someone figured a way around this since than. people are always jailbreaking and hacking the new versions of the firmware everytime apple thinks they have finally secured the iphone.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300