hi all which would be rewarding in the long run? spending a couple months learning a nevermore sweep or learn many little sweep exercises, in a couple weeks?
how long would it take me to learn the psalm of lydia opening sweeps? a couple months? begginner sweeper...
Bobby
whatever you feel like you can reasonably do first. learning one is going to make learning the other easier.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
haven't tried that one, but the solo in I, Voyager is slower.

if you're a beginning sweeper as you say, nevermore might not be the best place to start...can you do standard major/minor 3 and 5 string arpeggios yet?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Get a bunch of 3-string major minor diminished and augmented all over the board, under your belt first. Than try a 5 stringer, maybe this fall?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I Would rather learn all the little sweeps, instead of trying to learn ONE sweep riff, which is already in a song, as then you could incorporate all the little sweeps you've learned into everyday playing and in the longer run, advance further as a player.
Guitar - Washburn X-50PROQ
Amp- Ibanez TBX15r (using to run my POD through)
Pedals - Line6 POD X3, Dunlop Crybaby Gcb-95