http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/msg/1828581479.html

I've been looking for a Kramer for a while but don't know if this one is one of the lemons or better one. If it does indeed have the Floyd II does anyone have an experience with them? As for the pickups, were they actual Duncans in that model or were they actually just "designed by"? Does anyone have any experience with the 615 in general? Any opinions at all?

Sorry for so many questions but I figured it would be worth asking here before going for it.

Thats an old USA built model. BUY IT!!

Even if the trem is shit you can replace it with a real high end unit and still come out smelling sweet.
The neck on that is lovely.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Matt420740
Thats an old USA built model. BUY IT!!

Even if the trem is shit you can replace it with a real high end unit and still come out smelling sweet.

My thoughts exactly. Although I think the black color on it looks pretty buried alive,it has an attractive neck shape. It's a good guitar,today's Kramers aren't nowhere near as good.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

that thing looks great... designed by duncan pickups don't have a great reputation, and i really hate the fake EMG look. and you might be able to talk him down some because it's refinished in black (doesn't look too professional), but the flame on that neck is AWESOME.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
MIA with duncan designed....

that dont sound right to me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
according to this site
http://www.edroman.com/guitars/kramer/info.htm
IS NOT A USA MADE KRAMER
the serial on the guitar in question is S D7830, no where can i find this serial, on any site.

and unless someone can show the serial being an actual USA model then i would not buy this guitar.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Jul 6, 2010,
Ed Roman knows crap about anything, trust me and never buy or listen to anything he has or says. That leprechaun needs to just go away.

First off, in regards to Kramers www.vintagekramer.com is your best source for information. Second of all, that guitar is junk and a cheap import for that time period, its not a USA Kramer even though it says Neptne, NJ on the neckplate. They all had that, import or not so be aware. Floyd Rose II were crap, the body has been repainted with cheap spray can paint and a bad job at that. He wants a Marshall for it? Keep dreaming. That things worth about $100, if that with the bad repaint.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Thanks DSOTM80. I'll keep that website in mind if any other Kramer comes up and thanks everyone else. Knew I'd better post here before dealing with this guy.
Quote by DSOTM80
Ed Roman knows crap about anything, trust me and never buy or listen to anything he has or says. That leprechaun needs to just go away.

well obviously he knows enough to know the guitar in question is a fake.
Quote by Alucard817

The guitar is not a fake, its a real Kramer although an import version made in Korea.
Quote by xStratcatx
Thanks DSOTM80. I'll keep that website in mind if any other Kramer comes up and thanks everyone else. Knew I'd better post here before dealing with this guy.

Wait if you really want to score a Kramer. You can get a later 80's USA Kramer Pacer Deluxe (H-S-S) for around $400-$500. A MIJ Focus serious, can be had around $300. All have German OFR's. The only thing the Focus models benefit from are a pickup change and you're all set. The late 80's Focus series had the exact same necks as American models, minus the "American" script logo on the headstock. Its basically all Focus series guitars with a tilt-back headstock, so from '87 onwards.
Here's my 1986 Kramer Focus 1000 (MIJ import version of the USA Baretta) that I bought for $240 CDN. The EMG 85 was added by me. By the way, if you want more info, ask questions etc just head over to the Kramer Forum and sign up and ask away.

Korea still put out plenty of quality guitars over the years, my Korean IC200 is a beast against guitars literally 4x it's price (besides the pickups, but they aren't particularly terrible). Inspected by SK Lee

EDIT:

^ I love those Kramers, that one is especially good looking. I don't the what the fuss is with Charvel
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by Alucard817

well I guess he doesn't then huh?

Ed Roman is a POS plain and simple.

If he thinks that Kramer is a fake then it just proves he doesn't know shit.
Quote by Tedward
Korea still put out plenty of quality guitars over the years, my Korean IC200 is a beast against guitars literally 4x it's price (besides the pickups, but they aren't particularly terrible). Inspected by SK Lee

EDIT:

^ I love those Kramers, that one is especially good looking. I don't the what the fuss is with Charvel

Yea Korea can build some good guitars...nowadays. The 80's MIK Kramers were almost all plywood bodied with cheap hardware. They were budget guitars aimed at beginners. FR II's were used and so on. Not all however were plywood though there are some exceptions. The problem is they were mostly copies of the more expensive MIA or MIJ versions and had Neptune, NJ on the neckplates. There are easy ways to know however, one is of course looking at the routing of the body and seeing that its plywood or the serial number on the plate or the name on the truss rod cover and of course the type of hardware it has.

I like Charvel's as well but never got into them as much as Kramers.
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Jul 8, 2010,
Definitely not American. Not even close.

That doesn't mean it's a BAD guitar, but it's definitely from the lowest end of Kramers.

Basically with Kramer it goes USA -> Japanese (mostly focus models) -> Korean (Strikers, numbered models, etc)

The bridge on that thing is a junker. It could be worse, a lot of Korean Kramers came with the earlier single locking Floyd Rose II's, whereas that's the later locking version. But it's still a far cry from an OFR.

The pickups are designed by Seymour Duncan, not actual SD's, and you can expect them to be on par with the low end electronics that came with almost all (and still come with many) low end import guitars.

The refinish is TERRIBLE and takes a LOT of value from the guitar.

That being said, if its been taken care of at all, it's probably a FANTASTIC playing neck.

If you can get it cheap enough, I'd go for it. But when you make an offer do so based on all the information you've been given here as to what the guitar actual is.

Personally, IMO, anything above $175 is too much. Even $175 is probably pushing it. That model, with that awful refin. job, probably could be had cheaper.