Now I know it's pretty much impossible to get a proper tube amp for my budget, but I wonder if anyone knows one anyway. Alternatively, I'm looking for a partially tube amp, such as the Vox VT50. This is an amp which blew my mind for the price and am actually looking to get it so any experience with that would be welcome... So yeah any amps like that.

I play an Epiphone Explorer with the standard Alcino pups and play metal, hard rock, punk and a bit of soft stuff too when it takes my fancy so crystal cleans would be a plus.

My budget is a £200 - £300 ($300 - $450), and so far the Vox is about the only amp I've found. But to be fair I haven't really looked into it much.

Thanks,
Adam
have a look on gumtree and local papers you should be able to find a good used marshall dsl or tsl
I would rather get a vypyr tube than a vox but it might be slightly above your budget. You should look at the blackstar ht5, with an eq pedal and od you can do quite a bit with it. Also the jet city jca20 is similar
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
will u be gigging?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by britishsligean
have a look on gumtree and local papers you should be able to find a good used marshall dsl or tsl

Wow I've actually found a couple already... thanks man! Keep the suggestions coming!
If you want metal, you should look into getting a used Krank or Blackstar.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Quote by Helicopters!
You might want to look into the Peavey Valve King 1x12.

No no no. Unless you plan on modding it, a Valveking is not the right way to go. A Marshall JCM2000 DSL should be easy to come across used.
Hi,

Take a look at the Fame GTA-40R for Euros $333.

It's 40W, a bit lower than you asked, but I doubt there'll be any noticeable difference (remember it takes double the power for a 3db gain.)

Here are the features:
* 2x 6L6 (5881)Poweramp tubes
* 1x ECC 83 Preamp tube
* 1x 12" Celestion Speaker
* 2x Inputs:-HI/LO
* 1x XLR Output (mixer output)

I've got a smaller version of it, and I like it a lot.

Cheers!
Quote by strangedata
Hi,

Take a look at the Fame GTA-40R for Euros $333.

It's 40W, a bit lower than you asked, but I doubt there'll be any noticeable difference (remember it takes double the power for a 3db gain.)

Here are the features:
* 2x 6L6 (5881)Poweramp tubes
* 1x ECC 83 Preamp tube
* 1x 12" Celestion Speaker
* 2x Inputs:-HI/LO
* 1x XLR Output (mixer output)

I've got a smaller version of it, and I like it a lot.

Cheers!

Yeah, I have the 40w and recommend it. You may have to buy some pedals to get distortion or overdrive
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

If you have a cab, a Bugera V55 head will fit right in your budget. The combo is a bit more, or you could go the V22 combo route (same price as V55HD).
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX - Vintage white w/ red tort pickguard
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox DA5 Classic
Valencia C-60 Classical
Peavey VTM.

Marshall JCM 800 clone that goes for very little money on the used market.
I found a 150-watt Bogey half-stack (tube) in a music shop for £150 once. Look around, but defenitely go pre-owned