I recently got a Halo Satyr 7 on ebay and the pickup is okay but I want to put something nice in it. My first 7 string, not sure which pickup to get. I want to stay passive, mostly for the price concern. I've heard good things about the duncan distortion 7. I was also thinkin dimarzio d activator 7 but i've heard a lot of people saying the 7 string version is crap. Maybe an evolution pickup? I play lots and lots of heavy metal from early metallica to the newest from divine heresy and trivium (yes i understand metallica doesn't use 7 strings but it sounds so cool to play their songs lower tuned). I want something with decent mid range. I've def heard good things about the evolution 7 string pickup but i want some input from people who may have experience with 7 string pickups
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic