Page 1 of 2
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100706/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_bahamas_teen_fugitive
^
This guy is my new hero!!!

Gotta admit he's either a genius or an insanely lucky idiot

EDIT: "Barefoot Bandit" thats a decent title if i do say so myself.

P.S. the article keeps growing every now and again check for more info
Quote by MushroomBomb
You live in the Bahamas. That is so ****ing awesome!

Quote by SteveHouse
She is. I can tell you from personal experience.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S3Z1p9ZXOLY/SZl1U1Rr5gI/AAAAAAAAAAY/bOy3y-xWc5g/S220/Suspicious+Face.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Kayus at Jul 6, 2010,
Stop Stealing Our Planes!!!
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Dey took our planes!!1
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by Zombee
Stop Stealing Our Planes!!!

lol Indiana is pissed
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S3Z1p9ZXOLY/SZl1U1Rr5gI/AAAAAAAAAAY/bOy3y-xWc5g/S220/Suspicious+Face.jpg[/img]
$10,000 reward
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
What? I thought he was still the the Northwest. How the hell did he get to Indiana?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Kayus
lol Indiana is pissed

I live in Indiana, and didn't hear about this story until now. ****....

I don't think we're pissed. As long he doesn't ruin our corn
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
similarities to other thefts attributed to 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore, a Washington state teenager who has no formal flight training.

This kid is Batman.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jul 6, 2010,
I love being from Indiana. We have so many idiots.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by rockingamer2
What? I thought he was still the the Northwest. How the hell did he get to Indiana?

Says he's in the Bahamas
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Awesome guy.

Although if I did know where he was, I'd turn him in for that reward in a heartbeat.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
As long as he stays away from our corn, I don't mind.

/typicalhoosierattitude
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by izbbass
Says he's in the Bahamas

That how i know about it it's coming up on my news he's probably just trying to get into "Nippers Bar" lol
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by captaincrunk
Grrrrrr!

Hey its ya'lls fault how did you "let" a 19 year old get away with a plane!

Jk. But still I wanna hear how he did it they need to make a movie!
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by CrossBack7
Gary, Indiana, most crime-ridden place in the U.S.

Yup, until more of them come down here to the SW partof the state. Fun for me...
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Quote by Kayus
Hey its ya'lls fault how did you "let" a 19 year old get away with a plane!

Jk. But still I wanna hear how he did it they need to make a movie!

Best movie ever?
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
Best movie ever?

I would be pretty awesome if they put in a back story about his tortured past, put the crashing scene in slow motion, and had him walk away not looking at the explosion while the police scream NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

So.....old!!!!
“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

-Dr. Cox
Quote by IliekGuitar
So.....old!!!!

Leave me out of this prick.
I can read a fuel gauge.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
That damn Hoosier bastard.

That dude is fucking awesome.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Anyone else got the feeling that the FBI won't simply throw him into jail, that they'll probably train him to be the next Captain America?
Quote by DangerPat 00
Anyone else got the feeling that the FBI won't simply throw him into jail, that they'll probably train him to be the next Captain America?

Sounds more like they should demand that he train them to be the next Captain America(s).
Quote by BrokenDstring
I love being from Indiana. We have so many idiots.

Sadly, this is truth.
You haven't heard of the "barefoot bandit" yet, do you live under a rock? I'm in Texas and I've heard of this guy, he's stolen like over 50 vehicles, ranging from cars, to RV's, to boats, and now apparently airplanes. Never been caught, never used a gun, never been seen in the act. They had his mom on for an interview on Fox a while back, I was just laughing my ass off the whole time.
I hope i might meet up with this guy one day.
Btw the place where he crash landed is a good place for him to hide the people are very friendly and dont like the police and its really easy to blend in for him.
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

Last edited by Kayus at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by ethan_hanus
East Texas?

Read the article he crashed around Abaco, Bahamas and their was no sign of a body.
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

Haha I was at Orcas Island when they suspect he first started stealing planes
He's from here, Seattle area. He's stolen everything, and become a local legend. I didn't know his popularity has stretched this far. They need this guy working for the FBI or something. Like, rouge genius kid turns good. Then he'll be our best secret agent. And maybe they'll make a movie about him. He's been doing this stuff since he was pretty young, so imo hes pretty smart, or at least resourceful. We need him working for us doing Mission Impossible shit damnit!

He stole the plane of this guy who is the host of a radio morning show here. Like i was listening to the morning show once, and the dj is like...i dont wanna talk about it guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris-Moore

o wow wikipedia just has everything i posted if u tldr. and damn it says theres already a movie in the works!
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I can't believe it their actually making a movie!

To good of an idea to waste i guess
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

I don't really think this is funny.

As a pilot I think it's tragic on behalf of the owners. The people who he's stealing from will lose thousands of dollars.

They'll have to pay insurance premiums on their claims (the Cessna 182 he stole was worth $150,000). The yearly annual on something like that would have been in the region of $5000 minimum.

The insurance cost of the people who own the planes will jump $5000 per year easily. They aren't some businesses planes, they're individuals.

Aviation is an extraordinarily expensive hobby. Everyone I fly with who has their own plane would be distraught if someone stole it. They put their heart and soul into buying, maintaining and flying them only for someone to nick it and crash it? Not only that but it'll financially hammer them.

Not sure why some of you find it funny. I don't think you'd find it funny if someone broke into your house and stole all of your guitar equipment (or $150,000 worth of your private belongings) then just set them on fire in a field.

Not to mention that without basic aviation knowledge he's a danger to everyone in the sky, let alone on the ground. Given the fact that he's crashed more than once he obviously isn't a competent pilot and it's a miracle he hasn't gone into someones home.
Last edited by SgtSquiggles at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by SgtSquiggles
I don't really think this is funny.

As a pilot I think it's tragic on behalf of the owners. The people who he's stealing from will lose thousands of dollars.

They'll have to pay insurance premiums on their claims (the Cessna 182 he stole was worth $150,000). The yearly annual on something like that would have been in the region of $5000 minimum.

The insurance cost of the people who own the planes will jump $5000 per year easily. They aren't some businesses planes, they're individuals.

Aviation is an extraordinarily expensive hobby. Everyone I fly with who has their own plane would be distraught if someone stole it. They put their heart and soul into buying, maintaining and flying them only for someone to nick it and crash it? Not only that but it'll financially hammer them.

Not sure why some of you find it funny. I don't think you'd find it funny if someone broke into your house and stole all of your guitar equipment (or $150,000 worth of your private belongings) then just set them on fire in a field.

Not to mention that without basic aviation knowledge he's a danger to everyone in the sky, let alone on the ground. Given the fact that he's crashed more than once he obviously isn't a competent pilot and it's a miracle he hasn't gone into someones home.

Wow this actually a really sobering response. Its unlike most because it actually shows a bit of depth and understanding but yet it still begs the question how could he do this?!?

Was it a spontaneous act of catch me if you can story inspired antics or a well though out plan to leave the country cause given that the plane with a full tank could take of and go just out of reach of american waters (yes i did look it up) and into Nassau,Bahamas (the capital) if your lucky it seems like it could have been thought out but failed in the long run.

EDIT: Did you just make an account to comment on this?
Quote by MushroomBomb

Quote by SteveHouse

Last edited by Kayus at Jul 7, 2010,
Page 1 of 2