Hey guys,

I have no clue how to play this one portion in the intro of Plug In Baby that goes 7-7-7-9-7-7-7. Here is the tab I'm using:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/muse/plug_in_baby_tab.htm

I tried to look up videos of people playing it but I still can't distinguish how they're positioning the fretting hand. I have everything else down pat but I play this portion much too slowly and it ruins the rhythm of the song. Any advice?
Use your first finger, and hold down the three sevens then use your middle finger(or whatever finger's most comfortable) to play the nine
put your first finger on the 7th fret of the necessary string. play it three times. put your ring finger on the 9th fret of that string. play it once. put your first finger on the 7th fret of the string. play it three times.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
You can either barre it with your first finger and let the notes ring out, or sweep it, not letting the notes ring out. Just practice it slowly and increase the BPM once you are comfortable.

I haven't heard that song for years, so I don't know which one is used, listen closely to the song and figure it out.
I suggest watching this , the part you have trouble with is played by barring the 7th fret with your index finger.
--------------------------|
--7-----------------7--9--|
-----7-----------7--------|
--------7-----7-----------|
-----------9--------------|
--------------------------|
--2--1--1--3--1--1--1--3--

Roll your finger down the 7th fret to stop it ringing out.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.