http://www.themusicking.co.uk/x-build-your-own-electric-guitar-kit-semi-acoustic-lp-style

Is the kit, I WILL NOT BE USING STOCK PARTS, I will definately buy a new bridge, (bigsby ), tuners - probably grover, pickups - I want something super heavy and something like a p90 - a real interesting set, I'll probably get a new nut.

I'll be leaving it natural as it seems to have a good figure (I'm pretty sure you can pay them a tiny bit more and they'll let you select which body you get )

Any ideas on hardware colour, pups and anything else?

~EDIT: and i'm gunna sort that motha trucking ugly top curve out!

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Jul 6, 2010,
Looks like your standard cheap kit to me. Sloppy routing ( neck pocket was deff spotty) cheap hardware. With proper fixing up, it'll work out fine for you. No specs are really listed though, which worries me.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Yeah I'm definately gunna enquire a bit further and ask them a few q's - it's the first thing I'm buying with my first pay check so it better be good ,

thanks for the reply,

Anyone else? and what should i do with the crappy hardware once i've swapped it out?

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
Yeah I'm definately gunna enquire a bit further and ask them a few q's - it's the first thing I'm buying with my first pay check so it better be good ,

thanks for the reply,

Anyone else? and what should i do with the crappy hardware once i've swapped it out?

Put it on eBay and try to recoup some of the cost of replacement parts.
Last edited by lostcreation333 at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by JamesLPs
very nice idea - as a set or seperate?

I did quite well with some guitar parts by selling the main bits (tuners, bridge, etc) seperately and bundling the smaller bits (jack/neck plates, knobs, etc) as a bulk lot.
My advice would be don't bother.

It's a Saga kit

I built a telecaster one - it's all gone in the bin now.

The necks are mediocre, the bodies are too, the hardware is all horrible, as are the electrics. The top on that will probably be very thin

Seriously, you'd be better off buying the bits seperately, it'll cost a bit more, but you can control the quality.
cheers dude, and i'm not so sure it's saga - for manufacture it says 'the kit company' where as others say saga so i'm still undecided on that..

HELLO!

Same cheap chinese manufacturer - different reseller in my opinion. Without seeing the kit in person you can't really say, but the "kit company" picture of the telecaster kit is identical to the one that was advertising the kit I bought.
okay well fair enough, the thing is - people don't sell good kits - you either get cheap ones or order from warmoth.. it sucks

HELLO!

I would but I'm after a hollow body and there aren't many kits like that

HELLO!