Line6 POD studio UX2 and M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB audio interface.

I'm torn between this two USB audio interface. It's the same price , about 199 USD.
Which one should i get?? If it were u guys which one would you go for??

Or are there better option within the same price range??
That depends, do you have a good amp (Tube Amp by a name brand company like Vox, Fender, Marshall, Ect.) that you plan to mic? If yes, the Fast Track. If no, the UX2.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Lockwolf:I dont have a real good amp, only practice amp. But i can tweak my tone and effect through my Boss GT8. Will it be good enough?

ChucklesMginty: So the ux2 preset and amp modelling doesnt sound good??
Quote by teo_huat
Lockwolf:I dont have a real good amp, only practice amp. But i can tweak my tone and effect through my Boss GT8. Will it be good enough?

ChucklesMginty: So the ux2 preset and amp modelling doesnt sound good??

You're better off going with the UX2.

To answer the Q for CM, the amp modeling is solid with Pod Farm. I've been using Pod Farm Platinum since it came out and its an amazing program. Some of the better amp modeling out there.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
ill agree with lock on this one. havent used it, but ive heard pod farm is a very solid program. the fact that you can get that with the ux2 gives it a nice plus if you are going to do some amp modeling on the comp. if you want to just record your amp, ive had better experience with the m-audio stuff for preamps and the like.

either one should be fine though, i dont think you will get a bad result with either.
I used a UX1 and had no problems with it.
I mainly used it for Guitar Rig and the latency was fine. Also, Line6's ASIO drivers allow you to run multiple audio sources at the same time (ex- having iTunes, a DAW, and youtube open at the same time without any conflict)

The reason I don't have it anymore is because I accidentally fried it, but I'm getting a new one soon.
I had a ton of problems with my GX, first with POD Farm, then the actual hardware stopped working. Get the Fast Track, and then use some good free amp software.
Ignite, u fried ur toneport?? wow.. Now that thing look fragile to me. Preferably i would want an audio interface that last at least for a very long time..

So i can conclude if i dont have a decent amp and decide not to use em then the toneport UX2 is the way to go..
The M-Audio Pro will be a better choice if i wanted to use an amp.
Right?
Quote by teo_huat
Ignite, u fried ur toneport?? wow.. Now that thing look fragile to me. Preferably i would want an audio interface that last at least for a very long time..

So i can conclude if i dont have a decent amp and decide not to use em then the toneport UX2 is the way to go..
The M-Audio Pro will be a better choice if i wanted to use an amp.
Right?

They're both going to do the same thing really. I don't see how the Fast Track would be any better to record an amp, they both have XLR inputs for mics.

The Pod Studios (Toneports) are not fragile at all, they're very solid. I tried to break mine open after it fried and I couldn't. The only reason it fried was because I was being stupid, I plugged it into an amp that was turned on and I got shocked. Next thing I know it doesn't work. Again, it was purely my fault, the UX1 is awesome.

edit:
The Fast Tracks DOES have phantom power (UX1 doesn't), which is needed to use condenser mics, but who uses condenser mics to record guitar? Dynamic mics are preffered for micing up amps.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 7, 2010,
Toneport UX2 have a phantom power. About the fastrack pro, is it compatible with DAW such as Cubase 5, FL studio and adobe audition?
Toneport UX2 does have a phantom power. About the fastrack pro, is it compatible with DAW such as Cubase 5, FL studio and adobe audition?
Yup, I'm pretty sure it should be compatible with all three (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Oops, sorry for some reason I thought we were talking about the UX1. If you're looking at a UX2, then definitely go for it. Plus the UX2 comes with Pod Farm AND like I said before, allows you to run multiple audio sources at once. The Fast Track doesn't come with any modeling software, and most likely it's ASIO drivers aren't as flexible.

And any audio interface should be compatible with any DAW.