I have recently finnished a build (my first one ). It is a strat from argos that I took apart and rewired ect then put on a new neck and disconnected the middle pickup becuse it was awfull. I also put in a tougher nut and nicer tuners. The neck is in the style of a telecaster neck so it didnt fit into the neck pocket perfectly but I wasnt exactly bothered and didnt fancy reshaping the pocket. It is finnished in a matte green spray paint but coated in a gloss laquer so that is resembles a sort of plastic , it looks odd but strangely cool and it nice that others appear to repect the uniqueness of it. It is enjoyable to play if you (like myself) like funk jazz and blues , it cant really pull off distortion to well...

Some of these include my Ibanez and my Aria Bass.

Please take the time to view these pics: they are two comments down XD.

I would apreciate any constructive criticism as it is my first build, and i am sorry for grammatical errors . any questions are also welcome. sorry about the pictures ot actually being in the thread but i couldent figure out how to do it and i also understand that some people may find it hard to load the page with them on here.

Thanks
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Last edited by JAM SAXON at Jul 7, 2010,
the link doesnt work for me :/

it takes me the login page for your photobucket account

to post some pictures in the thread, go to the image you want to post and copy the tag that looks something like:
(Invalid img)

and put it in your post
thanks will do. im pretty bad at forum stuff xD

its the one in the middle. i will also add below close ups and stuff

origional body

(new neck on)
Quote by Stugg334

*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Last edited by JAM SAXON at Jul 7, 2010,
looks pretty good

the only thing I'm worried about is that it looks like the neck is slightly angled. making the high e string too close to the side of the fretboard especially on higher frets

edit: and by high e, I actually mean low e. cause I just realized you're a lefty
Last edited by james4 at Jul 7, 2010,
oh yeah. its beacuse i picked up a bridge for a strat (being retarded and not thinking straight) for a tele neck =). it dosent play much different you just have to take care on the higher frets =). thanks aswell btw it means alot.
Quote by Stugg334

*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Quote by JAM SAXON
oh yeah. its beacuse i picked up a bridge for a strat (being retarded and not thinking straight) for a tele neck =). it dosent play much different you just have to take care on the higher frets =). thanks aswell btw it means alot.

No it's not. It's because your neck isn't bolted in straight, just like the man said.

Look how far your high E is from the side of the neck at the last fret and look how close your Low E is to the side of the neck at the last fret.

Either that or you put the bridge back in out of line.

String spacing between a Strat and Tele bridge, would not make them uneven on one side.

And, it has the appearance of Stone Fleck style paint and...you sprayed it in the neck pocket...not so good. Is it stone fleck or do you just need to sand it and buff it?

Also, it is not "Matt paint with Gloss lacquer"...it is a semi satin finish, because you cant have "gloss" and "bumpy surface" together.

Pretty cool colour though dude.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by Skeet UK

Also, it is not "Matt paint with Gloss lacquer"...it is a semi satin finish, because you cant have "gloss" and "bumpy surface" together.

Pretty cool colour though dude.

it is seriously. i bought a matte green spray paint and then went overit with a gloss spray laquer. but i do know what you mean i had to put the laquer on whilst the paint was still sort of tacky or it didnt stick too well. and yes after loooking i see what you mean about it not being straight. its beacuse i didnt reshape the neck pocket for the tele neck, so it dosent sit in the pocket right... its not that noticable in play though.
Quote by Stugg334

*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)