I wonder if any of you Floyd Rose veterans can help me out.

Recently I noticed that my 1st string is touching right on the 1st fret when I fret it, so obviously it's buzzing real bad. When I got the guitar, I did lower the posts a little so that the action was more suited to me.

Also, I realize the string heights are done in a sort of curve shape with the outside strings being lowest down, inside being highest etc, but when I raise the posts up high enough so that the 1st string 1st fret isn't buzzing, the strings up at the higher frets (12 onwards) are far too high for my liking and go off in some crazy diagonal shape. I like the action as near to the frets as possible consistantly along the neck really.

So ... are both the posts supposed to be at the same height or is there meant to be some sort of difference? And is there any other way I can fix this without having to drastically raise my action?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Jul 6, 2010,
if your not willing to mess with your truss rod (at the beginning of your headstock) then you should have it adjusted at a local guitar center or guitar shop. Adjusting the truss rod will change the curve of the neck and it shou;d get rid of the buzz hope this helps

-JDLMetalHead
Thanks for the response bro, I never thought of the truss rod.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010