It depends which one...

Dual Rectifier Solo (three different versions - '90s, 2000s and the new 2010 head)
Dual Rectifier Rectoverb, or Tremoverb
Dual Rectifier Roadster
Dual Rectifier Road King

I assume you're talking about the Solo head, though. Most people like the '90s Rectos better than the 2000s, and the '90s Rectos only had two channels, whereas the Rectos after that had 3. The 2010 Recto is supposed to sound closer to the '90s.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i have yet to play one that i didnt like. The tone is great and for metal there is nothing better.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
i have yet to play one that i didnt like. The tone is great and for metal there is nothing better.

dezil VH4
mark v
6505/5150

but yes i agree its great amp to play
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
dezil VH4
mark v
6505/5150

+1

I've heard alot of reviews that rectifiers aren't tight enough on the low end (might be because those individuals were using the rectifier cab which gets muddy @ high volumes)
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
If I'm paying $2k+ for a great metal amp, i want it to have tight lows. I'm not saying my 5150II is an extremely tight amp, but i got it for a mere $700 USD as my first tube amp.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
I have a 2010 recto, it's great, but it only has one voice to it... Overkill. It's just a beast. Very hard to eq, and sounds like a line 6 at very low volumes. I love it, but it can get boring. But for alt rock or metal its just awesome. I have it so that the first channel had slight break up, so that single notes are clean, but full chords get dirty. The second channel is set for low gain, with a lot of mids, giving me a good alternative sound, i use it for daughtry covers. And channel three is just melt your face, bass all the way, not scooped, i don't think this amp sounds that good scooped. It's versatile, but always has the same voice if you know what i mean. Also, it's not as metallic sounding as the 2000rectos i think, and i do agree it's more like the 1990s. But u can get both tones from the amp. The cleans are improved, but still not good enough for me, i use a vox for that. It's great if u like the sound of a recto, that simple, because it has one voice. It's built like a tank. Idk if it's worth the money, unless the recto is your sound. Also don't expect to get the tones out of it like you hear on the radio, they use a lot of tricks in the studio to make them sound like that. Is there anything else u wanna know?
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
Absolutely killer for lead work, especially with the tube rectificator.

Go somewhere, act like you are ready to buy one right now, and I'm sure they will let you crank it a bit. Get a feel for the amp, its notoriously hard to EQ. Do you like it?

If you choose YES, I do like it, turn to page 148
If you choose NO, this is ghey, please turn to page 12

Area reserved for EDIT:

n .01 seconds, with the solid state rectifier, we basically had full power. Our voltage was
449.08 as previously stated.

Moving along, we substituted a 5AR4 vacuum tube rectifier. This is one of the strongest
vacuum tube units used today. It took about two times as long, .02 seconds, for out
maximum voltage to be developed, 413.9 volts. This is a fairly large drop from the earlier
solid state rectifier.

Going to a 5U4-G, commonly used in some Mesa Rectifier products, we found that it took
.40 seconds to develop full voltage. This is a long time compared to the solid state device,
and twice as long as the 5AR4. This is almost a half a second, and most people can hear
something that is ½ a second long in duration or delay. Our high voltage was 357.06 volts,
or almost 100 volts less than the solid state device.

The 5R4-GYB, often used in place of the 5U4-G. About the same rise time as the 5U4-G
above, but had a maximum voltage of 330.93 volts. This is a nice rectifier in some Fender
Deluxe type amps that have been made with everything from the little 5Y3 to a GZ34 in the
past. Its a great blues rectifier in these amps.

Lastly we tried the 5Y3GT. Rise time was almost a full half a second at .44 seconds. Our
maximum voltage was 303 volts."
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jul 6, 2010,
What's a Dual Rectafier?

I love my S1 Mesa Road King, Sounds great!

I agree no Mesa is "easy" to EQ, That being said, I believe they are some of the most versatile and well built amps out there.

Along with Rivera, VHT, Orange, Bogner, H&K and Engl
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
you want tight you want the fryette deliverance 120.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by Carrot
dezil VH4
mark v
6505/5150

Disagree on all 3 of those, but different strokes for different folks

2 Channel Rectos sound ****ing godly if you do it right. The 2 channels are not loose, the loose Recto sound is found in the 3 channels.

Quote by AE25RR
I have a 2010 recto, it's great, but it only has one voice to it... Overkill. It's just a beast. Very hard to eq, and sounds like a line 6 at very low volumes.

I haven't tried a 2010 Recto yet, but people always describe Mesas as hard to dial in. TBH, I've yet to have any problem dialing in ANY Mesa amp, unless I'm trying to get a tone that the amp is just not capable of, and I've pretty much owned every Mesa there is Maybe I've just owned so many that I'm used to EQing them by now?

Quote by AE25RR
Also don't expect to get the tones out of it like you hear on the radio, they use a lot of tricks in the studio to make them sound like that.

I dunno, the 2 Channel Recto I had a few weeks ago was probably the most satisfying amps in this realm. Most amps need quite a bit of post-processing to sound huge on a recording, but Rectos record so well (and sound HUGE live), it was like instant gratification
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 7, 2010,