So, in my town there's been a free music festival for the last 8 years. It's been part of me growing up, I've played there, I've done lights and sound there, I've been involved with it. It's always been a brilliant weekend, some brilliant unsigned bands play and it's always a good laugh.
This year was looking to be a brilliant one, several bands who played as Glasto this year were playing and it the organiser, a close friend of the family and really nice guy, is 50 at the weekend it was due to be on, making it a special one for him.
Now the annoying bit. Tameside Council, our local authority, had decided it was going to set up its own. Not a problem on its own, but the fact that they had organised it at the same date and using the same security company AFTER the original festival had been granted a license to use the land and hold the event is utterly ridiculous! The council only told the organisers this a week before the 28 day deadline to apply for a new license for a different date, giving little time to prepare the application.
This new application posted by first class post 5 days before the deadline. The council have now told the organisers that they have JUST received the application, 12 days after being posted. First class post just DOESN'T take 12 days! So, needless to say, a large proportion of the town is pretty pissed off.
TL;DR Council essentially forces free annual festival to be cancelled, whole town mourns.

So, have you local authorities ever done pissy things?
hello
When they do we vote them out.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by UntilISleep
The arsenic levels in our water supply keep rising and rising and they do nothing about it.

Sure they do. They keep adding arsenic.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Instead of concentrating on the negative things the local authorities do for you, focus on the positive things.

I would be pretty quick on forgiving someone if they kept me and everyone I knew from being robbed or raped in a bush.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by Jackal58
Sure they do. They keep adding arsenic.

That deserves a partial lolstack

Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by opc100
The council have now told the organisers that they have JUST received the application, 12 days after being posted. First class post just DOESN'T take 12 days!

Goddamn, the thing I hate most about the council is that they just flat out lie to you. I thought it was just me, but it looks like it happens other places too. This isn't really on topic, but I used to have an office job at my local council and everyone I worked with was excellent, so of course I could never understand all the hate for the council.

Then I left my job, and there was an issue with my pay; someone forgot to take me off the payroll, so I kept getting paid. I called them literally 20 times to try and resolve the issue, and every time they said things along the lines of, "We'll call you back/email you first thing tomorrow morning." This went on for OVER TWO MONTHS. I'd ring up and complain, and the supervisor of payroll department would say stuff like, "Oh, I thought I got back to you about that," and "I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you, I've been on holidays," (when I KNOW that she hadn't because the person I had spoke to the day before told me she was on lunch break when I rang. She did the holiday lie twice, by the way).

This makes me quite angry; not only the fact that it took them so long to fix the problem, but the fact that everytime I contacted them they would flat out lie to my face.

EDIT: Actually, it was over three months. I know that if I was running a business, and someone rang and said "It looks like there's been a mistake, and I now owe you thousands of dollars, what would you like me to do?" I sure as hell would want to sort that out right away.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Goddamn, the thing I hate most about the council is that they just flat out lie to you. I thought it was just me, but it looks like it happens other places too. This isn't really on topic, but I used to have an office job at my local council and everyone I worked with was excellent, so of course I could never understand all the hate for the council.

Then I left my job, and there was an issue with my pay; someone forgot to take me off the payroll, so I kept getting paid. I called them literally 20 times to try and resolve the issue, and every time they said things along the lines of, "We'll call you back/email you first thing tomorrow morning." This went on for OVER TWO MONTHS. I'd ring up and complain, and the supervisor of payroll department would say stuff like, "Oh, I thought I got back to you about that," and "I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you, I've been on holidays," (when I KNOW that she hadn't because the person I had spoke to the day before told me she was on lunch break when I rang. She did the holiday lie twice, by the way).

This makes me quite angry; not only the fact that it took them so long to fix the problem, but the fact that everytime I contacted them they would flat out lie to my face.

But they were paying you money???
'Our Enemies Will Be Drowned'
'The Opposing Torn Asunder'
- - -GEAR- - -
Schecter Damien 6
Peavey Vypyr 75
DigiTech RP50
Quote by xschecterx
But they were paying you money???

One of the customer service girls I spoke to said exactly that. "What's the problem? I wish I could quit my job and keep getting paid!"

The problem is that they would eventually find out they are still paying me, and then not only would I have to pay back thousands of dollars that I no longer have because I spent it all, I would be in the shit. And trust me, they do not hesitate to call the lawyers.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by hellbound_jonny
Instead of concentrating on the negative things the local authorities do for you, focus on the positive things.

I would be pretty quick on forgiving someone if they kept me and everyone I knew from being robbed or raped in a bush.

He's talking about councils and homeowner's associations etc, not the fuzz.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss