Hey, I'm looking for a good tube combo amp, here are the specs I want:

- Around 400-600 dollars preferably new, if its really good I might buy used

- A good clean channel, I don't need Fender-level cleans but as long as they're usable and sound decent that's fine

- A good-sounding distortion, I play pretty heavy stuff but not like nu-metal or death metal heavy, plus I'll be buying a tube screamer so as long as it could get say as heavy as Bullet for my Valentine, that's plenty

I don't care if it has reverb or any effects, I just basically want a tube combo amp for 400-600 dollars new or used that has a good clean and a good distortion that can get up to metalcore-heavy with a tube screamer. What amp would be best for my needs?
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
a used 5150 or a bugera. Its hard to get pretty cleans AND ballsy distortion at that budget unless you get a sweet used deal
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Valveking? I'd imagine that thing would sound awesome with a TS infront, not like it isn't heavy enough already though. Not sure about the cleans, but better than the 6505 I suppose.
Quote by Ascendant
Valveking? I'd imagine that thing would sound awesome with a TS infront, not like it isn't heavy enough already though. Not sure about the cleans, but better than the 6505 I suppose.

Cleans are better, but it needs mods and an EQ pedal to sound as good distortion-wise.

OP, go for the 6505+ 112, it's right at the top of your budget.

Or you could go for a Vypyr Tube 60.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
How's the randall rg50tc? I have my eye on that one since it's on sale at musicians friend... i heard demos of it, the clean channel sounds awesome as does the distortion, plus I'd be runnin a tube screamer in front of it so it'll sound even better
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin