i cant seem to figure how its possible to play notes with strong, sharp tones when picking at higher speeds. It seems to me that to get those tones you have to grab the string so much that it makes smooth, relaxed playing at high speeds impossible. like ill be playing fast, i can hear and feel that i am playing accurately but the sound is soft. basically because when using the amount of pick that can be used and be able to pick, it seems like a quiet tone is inevitable. and ive tried so many pick types from super thin to 3mms. really thin picks do snap off the string, creating a sharp sound, but i feel little accuracy while using them. i usually like heavy dunlop gator grips. ive experimented with different pick angles and even when parallel to the strings, i get a soft noise because i gotta use just the tip of the pick. it always feels like the pick is kind of stroking the string. my pick action is mostly in the wrist, ive tried to base it off of paul gilberts and freepower from this sites advice. i usually pick strings in the area between the middle and neck pickups on my strat.

theres gotta be someone here who knows what i mean who can help me out.
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
Location is probably your problem. The closer you are to the bridge the more control you'll have (because the string moves less towards it's ends, obviously) A-N-D the more 'attack' you'll have (treble, harshness, sound from the pick striking the string rather than the string itself).

Picking between the mid and bridge pickups or closer to the bridge pickup should help. I'm not claiming that the only thing though... A compressor would help for sure. All the shredder types use amps like Marshalls, which naturally compress their tone a great deal, or use compressors. There's a reason no one "shreds" on clean Fenders... It's too dynamic (when you pick light it's quiet, when you pick hard it's loud) so you'd have to be a robot to pick with consistent enough pressure to have the volume from note to note remain steady (especially without a compressor!).
thanks for the insight ^^
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.