E|------13------13|------12------12|------10------10|------1010--12--|
B|----13------13--|----13------13--|----11------11--|----11----11--13|
G|--14------14----|--12------12----|--10------10----|--10------------|
D|15------15------|14-----14-------|12------12------|12--------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|

So here is this sweeping part from Beast and the Harlot which I am trying to learn at the moment. As you can see the sweeps are repeating in the same downwards direction. When I finish the sweep at the E string then I have to go back to the D string to start another sweep. Is it bad if I pick the first note of the sweep with an upstroke and then the remaining three notes with an downsweep(felt faster and more comfortable and faster for me) or should I just sweep all the notes with a downsweep. This question doesn't apply exclusively to this song but sweep picking in general.
It might cause the sweeps to sound less fluid, but if it doesn't, and it feels right, no problem.
Quote by rasmus1414
E|------13------13|------12------12|------10------10|------1010--12--|
B|----13------13--|----13------13--|----11------11--|----11----11--13|
G|--14------14----|--12------12----|--10------10----|--10------------|
D|15------15------|14-----14-------|12------12------|12--------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|

So here is this sweeping part from Beast and the Harlot which I am trying to learn at the moment. As you can see the sweeps are repeating in the same downwards direction. When I finish the sweep at the E string then I have to go back to the D string to start another sweep. Is it bad if I pick the first note of the sweep with an upstroke and then the remaining three notes with an downsweep(felt faster and more comfortable and faster for me) or should I just sweep all the notes with a downsweep. This question doesn't apply exclusively to this song but sweep picking in general.

No it's not but I would point out that in the original these aren't sweeps.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That's not practical at all. Seems to me it'd be easier if you played like these:

E|-----------8--13---|
B|--6--10------------| repeat etc
G|---------------------|
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
D|---------------------|

or

E|-----------8--13---|
B|---------------------|
G|--10-14-----------|
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
D|---------------------|

Doing hammer-ons, it's really simple even with the string skip. If you still want to do some sweeping, try this one:

E|--------------13---|
B|----------13--------|
G|--10-14-----------|
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
D|---------------------|