hey guys,

Serious problem here,

I acquired a Marshal DSL 2000 a few months ago. I then acquired a Marshall 2x12 1936 cab with GT-something something speakers in it. I am not sure what the exact specs are, but it has a decal on the front that says "JCM 800" on it, which makes me think it was made a while ago and is a predessocor to the marshall cab that has "JCM 900" on it. Anyways, played it and sounded great with my head - I was instantly sold.

However, I am noticing that when I play on the high gain channel of the DSL, the cab cannot seem to "handle" lower notes on the guitar that are palm mutted (low E 1st-third fret). Everything else sounds stellar? the notes sound muddled and don't have much clarity - kind of sounds like a muddled"chblugchubbluggbluggrrrchugchug" instead of "chug chug chug chug"

Why is this? Would it help to swap out speakers?

input appreciated!
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
this is more due to the amp than the cab. the jcm2000 doesn't have a lot of low end to begin with and the g12t-75s can handle a ton of low end and should have no problem handling the low end of that amp. the high gain channel of the jcm2000 just doesn't sound that good.
Your problem is the high gain channel needs to be boosted. Personally I prefer just using the crunch channel.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.