i just figured id post this and see if anyone else has similar stories or more badass stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5b172JK57g

in my town theres a huge metal scene, one of the biggest local places to play is at a place called "nates dungeon" its this dudes basement, its pretty sweet. well one of the shows got shut down by the cops so all of the bands and fans decided to get a friend of theirs who works at taco johns to let them play there, i thought it was ****ing epic.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Where I live the music scene is dominated by generic christian metal bands who all sound the same as well as Classic Rock bands which are made up of older people (30s-50s).
The music scene where I live =/= MY music scene.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Nope.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Haven't heard of any band from here becoming even somewhat famous in a lonnnng time. Honestly, I don't even go to local shows anymore except for some jazz/blues clubs because almost every band is shitty screamo/hardcore or terrible punk/ska. There is a pretty good prog/rock/dance band about 30 minutes from here that plays shows throughout the midwest, but that's about it.
We've got jazz, hip hop, metal, rock, reggae, and tons of other genres all going on in my area. We have an insanely rich music community.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
A local band has a possible record deal. Other than that me and some friends are getting togetehr on Monday to discuss our plans for breaking into it. (Wish us luck, buy our albums if we get a deal and help us keep metal alive!)
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by mrfinkle213
The music scene where I live =/= MY music scene.

I agree.

I've finally discovered the music around here and I don't want anything to do with it. It's full of BFMV, Three Doors Down, and Pantera-wannabe bands. There's this shitty "prog/experimental" band around called Envy versus Ego that everybody's raving about. I don't see their appeal and I don't support them.
This band just signed to Rise Records from where I live: http://www.myspace.com/scarlettoharamusic

Not too proud of it. Although one of them is my front door neighbor hehe.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Well the whole deathcore thing is really popular where I live. So anything cool and new happening? nope.
...I'm not that great.