So, I'm bored. I want to play some good technical riffs, not solos, riffs. What's some good Metal riffs in E that will get your fingers working, nothing insane, just some cool stuff. Drop D is acceptable.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
My Curse - KSE
It's not in drop D, but you could get away with playing it like that just to practice.
Is that it? Cause I know a ton of LOG and most of the fun DT songs. What are some fun Megadeth songs?
Fun Megadeth songs?
Anything off Rust In Peace, really. RIP/Polaris is probably my favorite, Hangar 18 if you really like the solos.
Outside of that album, Dread and the Fugitive Mind is a lot of fun; Skin O' My Teeth; Ashes In Your Mouth; The Disintegrators; Wake Up Dead; Devil's Island intro is awesome; Into The Lungs of Hell; Washington Is Next! is one of my favorites; Return to Hangar; Victory solos; and Family Tree.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Cancer Bats have some sick sounding songs that are great for working your picking hand. French Immersion is a great song.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Pink Muse
Fun Megadeth songs?
Anything off Rust In Peace, really. RIP/Polaris is probably my favorite, Hangar 18 if you really like the solos.
Outside of that album, Dread and the Fugitive Mind is a lot of fun; Skin O' My Teeth; Ashes In Your Mouth; The Disintegrators; Wake Up Dead; Devil's Island intro is awesome; Into The Lungs of Hell; Washington Is Next! is one of my favorites; Return to Hangar; Victory solos; and Family Tree.

RIP/Polaris has probably my fave riff to listen to and to play, followed by tornado of souls, followed by Into the void (cmon u gotta give Iommi Probs)

id also put in This day we fight and headcrusher, cuz endgame is badass
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
RIP/Polaris has probably my fave riff to listen to and to play, followed by tornado of souls, followed by Into the void (cmon u gotta give Iommi Probs)

id also put in This day we fight and headcrusher, cuz endgame is badass

Yea, I thought Endgame was pretty sick actually. Don't know why poeple bash it.
Quote by Arterial
Have a look at Lamb of God, Dream Theater, Opeth, some Megadeth songs.
+lots

try Deliverance, Blackwater Park, and The Leper Affinity
Not to bring Metallica into what is clearly a Megadeth thread but I'd like to put Dyer's Eve off of ...Justice into consideration.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
Not to bring Metallica into what is clearly a Megadeth thread but I'd like to put Dyer's Eve off of ...Justice into consideration.

Can't believe I didn't think of that before.
Quote by Dimefan69
Yea, I thought Endgame was pretty sick actually. Don't know why poeple bash it.

People hate new things. I loved Endgame, and you can tell I put my list together by scrolling down through Windows Media Player

I considered suggesting those two, as well as Dialectic Chaos, but I didn't feel they fit in as well as the others. I don't know why either. Brain fart I guess, haha.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I think I have an old Guitar Pro file for Honor Thy Father in E, if you're interested.

That's a nice thing to do anyway, as long as there's a complete Guitar Pro file of a song with the entire band, just tune the instruments up to your liking by hand. That sure as hell gives you a lot more options outside of E/Drop D without tuning your guitar.
Decapitated - Babylon's pride (played in D, though.)
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Constant motion-Dream Theater iirc
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Technical Difficulties - Racer X
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12