Hey guys I want to maybe learn German, Spanish, and some Italian.
I don't have very much money so I can't afford to take proper lessons.
So are there any free resources that you guys know of?
Thanks.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
google... *insert sentance* "translate to german"
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
i would suggest you post in the multilingual thread. they might know some stuff.
actually i speak spanish, some italian...
whatever u do dont get rosetta stone....
it depends how easily u can learn languages. just google around til u find a site that works
find a friend that speaks it and have them teach u lol
lesson 1
hola - hello
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Quote by M0lliP0Ps

why not? Is it worth it if acquired for free?
Quote by Icehawk217
why not? Is it worth it if acquired for free?

if its free. do it. its like sex.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Livemocha?
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Livemocha?

I tried it. It's free to sign up, but it said that I have to pay to take the lessons.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by M0lliP0Ps

dont bang it till youve tried it. and ive you had a hard time with rosetta stone you are not a 'proper' person. ive learned much in a shor time period its unfeckingbelieveable.
the shits magick. i mean other than going to a country and living there its the next best thing.

Immersion technique = best plan ever = Rosetta Stone
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I downloaded podcasts from Itunes, they have them in a bunch of languages for free. I used the Discover Spanish ones, which I liked. They're not very long and pretty easy to do every day. I learnt quite a bit, but you really need to do them every day, or as often as possible.
http://www.antimoon.com/how/howtolearn.htm Although it's about learning English, the method can be applied to any language.
http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/ Based off the Antimoon method. Great stuff in here.
Your typical lecture type class is a very poor way to learn something as constant and pervasive as a language. However, having other people around who are working towards the same goal can be a great motivator, even if you get very little from the class itself. If you can find a class that's more than "read from the texbook>fill in the blanks>repeat", go for it. Otherwise don't waste your money.