Poll: Bugera V55 tube amp or Peavey valve king 112 50 watt tube amp
Poll Options
View poll results: Bugera V55 tube amp or Peavey valve king 112 50 watt tube amp
Bugera
7 100%
Peavey
0 0%
Voters: 7.
From what people have told me, that amp is pretty much the same as a Valveking in that it's only good if you mod it.

For all intents and purposes, it's a Marshall MG (terrible amp) with tubes. Putting tubes into a terrible amp = a passable amp, but you'd be better off spending your money elsewhere.

I've heard one played in a local guitar store and...ugh. It sounds like a computer trying to emulate a Marshall tone or something. Didn't like it at all.

Tone is subjective though, and if you get to try one and you like it, it MIGHT be worth checking out. (try it next to other Marshall amps).
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Jul 6, 2010,
Dude, stop making threads. This question could easily have been asked in one of the 4 other active threads you have.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Vox is a hybrid amp valve kings are fully tube amps. i was thinking about getting the 50W full valve 112. i dont get 746 a month. i would get it if i sold my old amp. then sold my paintball gun that i never use anymore.
so my real question would be is a peavey valve king 112 combo amp good enough to handle actives pickups like EMG's and blackouts?
Any amp can handle EMG's and Blackouts. It's not like an amp has to reach some kind of standard to handle active pickups.. It's just that some amps sound better than others with active pickups.

And the Valve King is a very mediocre amp, like already (more or less) said in the first post.
no not any amp can handle them. they have such high output they dont sound as they good as they can. the valve king isnt mediocore its all tube.
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
no not any amp can handle them. they have such high output they dont sound as they good as they can. the valve king isnt mediocore its all tube.

As a Valveking owner, I can tell you to stop thinking that tubes are instantly better. They're not, and it IS very mediocre when it's bone stock.

The Valveking needs some upgrades and add-ons to sound its best. If you're set on one, I recommend you do the following:

- Buy it used. Very often, used Valvekings may have new speakers and tubes already, which saves you money. If not, they're still cheaper than new.

- Get an equalizer pedal. This improves both distortion and clean, and adds alot of clarity to the sound.

- Change the tubes and speaker if they haven't been done already.

- Read the Valveking thread for more information.

Otherwise, I'd check out the Vypyr Tube 60, it sounds alot better right off the bat. So does the Bugera, in my opinion, but the Bugera won't really do metal without an overdrive or distortion pedal, unless you're playing like Black Sabbath or other semi-low gain types of metal. The Bugera is voiced to sound 'vintage'.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag

Just no. You can put any pickups into whatever amp you want just on the same settings as some passive pickups you will start to get some light distortion which can be avoided by turning the gain down. And besides there are passive pickups with as much output as active pickups. Oh and the valveking isn't all that great imo. Being tube is not in any way a sign that an amp is good.