So I'm just now realizing I have to take my written test to get my permit within a couple weeks. They give you a link to print out the book (it's a $300 class, and they make us print out a seventy-something page book :/ ), and you're just supposed to study from it.

For those of you who have taken the test, what's on it? I know it probably varies from state to state, but I'd like to get a general idea; if there's anyone here from Wisconsin, though, that'd be a great help.
$300??!! Mine was $30, at most.

In Florida, it was ridiculously easy. Didn't study and missed one question out of 40. Can't speak for Wisconsin, but you shouldn't worry about it.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I had like 7 questions on what to do in situations involving blind people
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Im in Georgia, but the first test was really easy. The first test was just road signs without words on them, and the second was basic rules like "What is the first thing you do after an accident?"
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Mostly common sense stuff. Study breaking distance numbers, that tends to show up a lot.

It's piss easy if you've ever payed attention in a car though.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
whoa. mine was 30 bucks. It's basically just on what to do at stop signs and road lanes and such.

Where do you live? Mine was in canada
$300?! shit.

Here we payed like 72, and 30 for some 5 hour class. The actual driving test (not written) is free the first two times, but the instructors have a heyday failing male teenagers , though I got mine anyway.

I think the written test anywhere is generally easy, unless you get some over-zealous instructor, you should be fine. Study a bit, it wouldn't hurt.
we took the test on the 1st day of drivers ed without any reviewing and everyone passed. it's all common sense/easy signs stuff.
Quote by DangerPat 00
$300?! shit.

Here we payed like 72, and 30 for some 5 hour class. The actual driving test (not written) is free the first two times, but the instructors have a heyday failing male teenagers , though I got mine anyway.

I think the written test anywhere is generally easy, unless you get some over-zealous instructor, you should be fine. Study a bit, it wouldn't hurt.
I just found one of the forms for it, and it says $340, and that we're required at least 30 hours in the classroom.....

I guess it's to counteract that half of Wisconsin is composed of alcoholics.
70 motherfucking pages? Pretty sure mine was like the size of a videogame manuel.

The test is basically just common sense, and you'll have to memorize a few numbers and stuff like how far to park away from a fire hydrant. Shit's easy.
It's easy...almost all common sense stuff. If you're not an idiot, you will pass. But if you want to pass with flying colors, memorize stopping distances (from a school bus, from a fire hydrant, etc.).
GO YANKEES!
I took my driving test in Minnesota. I failed the first time because I whipped it out. Don't do that.
Holy nuts! $300!? The class here was free.

-Know your signs
-there will probably be accident related questions (what do you do if you get into one, who do you call, etc.
-there will probably a bunch of stupid questions like, "how old do you have to be to get your license", "Is driving a privilege or a right", "what do you do if you start to feel tired while driving", etc.
-There will be questions about the penalties you'll face if you break a law, get a ticket, etc.
-there will be questions about alcohol (how much is too much, Should you drink and drive, etc)
-know how far you should stay back from other cars, when you should stop
-know how to perform k turns, u-turns, and parallel parking

It's really all just common sense. You should pass easily
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 7, 2010,
Do you have a Ipod Touch or Iphone?

(as crazy as it is, it has realivence)
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Im from wisconsin (Green Bay) and took the class earlier this year... the class was $350 but if its just the written part to get your temps, its really easy. Make sure you know the road signs, because it is usually a two part test, signs and then multiple choice. Usually the multiple choice is very very easy, basic things from that study book or whatever, i had a wisconsin DOT workbook... just read through it and read through things that seem important.

Its not tough, your all good!
$600 for a driving course here in CT. That doesn't include the $55 for your permit, and the $90 for your license.

As far as studying goes, know your right of way rule, i.e. yield to traffic on right, left turn last, etc, those show up a lot, as well as common sense shit like drunk driving and seatbelts.