Been playing bass for about a year now and want to get into guitar also. So I'm looking for a guitar that will be good for hard rock, alternative, and maybe some metal. I looked at new guitars and such but then I remembered about craigslist. I found an Ibanez RG350DX in white with the white pickguard for $200 in excellent condition and comes with a roadrunner gig bag and strap. I'm obviously going to try and see how it feels and sounds but would this kind of guitar fit my needs and is that a good price tag for that guitar because I see them new for around $400-$500.
If you go to try it and it doesn't feel right to you, or you notice a lot of scrapes and dents in it that really bother you and/or affect sound quality, look for another one. Seems like a decent guitar for your tastes though. Hope it works for you
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
If you go to try it and it doesn't feel right to you, or you notice a lot of scrapes and dents in it that really bother you and/or affect sound quality, look for another one. Seems like a decent guitar for your tastes though. Hope it works for you

+1. Craigslist is a great place for gear.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Yeah definitely, if I'm not feeling it I wont get it. Also what about a MIM Fender Strat I may be able to get one of those for about $250. What kinds of music are those good with?

and yeah craigslist is great for finding high quality instruments used.
Last edited by bassplayer4444 at Jul 7, 2010,
Strats can do any genre whatsoever... I play my strat in my thrash band
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win