so i was going to buy a used line 6 pod for 100 bucks but somebody got to it before i could, but was kind of glad because i hadnt researched the thing much and im wondering if i should buy one at the usual price or should i be looking at other multi effects pedals, or maybe i shouldnt go for multi effects, are pods made for guitars and dont work well for basses? the problem is i only have $110 right now, so id like to keep things cheap, but im willing to round up some cash.

so help me out guys, what do you think? maybe i shouldnt even be looking for effects, is a better amp a good investment for a garage band in it's infancy? or will venues provide an amp or pa for me?
Venues will not provide you with an amp. That should be your main concern if you know that what you have is not enough.

As far as effects go, most bass players use little to no effects live. Find yourself a pedal tuner, a wah-wah, and maybe a distortion/fuzz and you're good to go.
Quote by ZootCst
Venues will not provide you with an amp. That should be your main concern if you know that what you have is not enough.

As far as effects go, most bass players use little to no effects live. Find yourself a pedal tuner, a wah-wah, and maybe a distortion/fuzz and you're good to go.

This man is quite right. As far as effects go, compression and maybe fuzz and distortion. But if the amp you have now is less than 200 watts, then you need a new amp. Drums are too hard to compete with. I've actually been looking at the Line 6 bass head. Which would cover comp. and fuzz.
I'm FAT!
Yeah they are right. The way I did it was Better amp then better guitar then misc. stuff but yeah not very many effects are needed.
i'm not sure what the wattage is on my amp (its not with me) but yeah, my drummer is very loud and my guitarist insists on using his half stack, so i think that although the prospect of having an arsenal of effects is appealing, it isn't very practical and a new amp would be a very useful.

So do you have any suggestions as far as cheaper, quality amps with at least 200 watts?

also, how much should i expect to pay for an amp like that?
Last edited by Zado94 at Jul 7, 2010,
With that little money, go for something with a DI; It'll sound better live.
Have a look at the Sansamp BDDI and the EHX bass metaphors.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
yeah i agree your going to need some power in that, first rack up some cash for a 100-200 watt amp, then we'll talk effects.
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.