Hey UG.

So right now I have two choices in mind for a 7 string I am going to buy

Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Schecter BlackJack ATX C-7

Right now im debating which one I want. Hellraiser has EMGs (ewww.) Blackjack (as i was told) has a satin finish?

Anyway: I posted this thread because I haven't been able to find any other suitable 7 strings for my liking.

Here are some ideal things for me: 26.5" scale neck, 24 Fret (Accessible too), Faster neck, Fixed bridge, Neck-thru/set neck, Arched top, Passive pups (yes, i know neither gtar im looking at has them), Mahogany or Alder wood (Already has a basswood guitar).

I play Metal, all types of it from Prog to Death. This will hopefully be my primary metal guitar.

It seems like every other 7 string has a floyd rose, which i just find myself not using on my ibanez :/

I wish Ibanez would offer good fixed bridge 7-strings but I havent been able to find any.

My budget is around $1000, I live in the states (midwest).

So, there are my thoughts in searching for my ideal 7 string, if you guys know of any companies/guitars I'm missing that kinda fit what I want, please post.

Edit: I haven't just looked at Ibanez and Schecter, I've browsed through ESP and Jackson's sites. Please throw me some other companies that would be worth while to consider.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Last edited by DakoRob at Jul 7, 2010,
Probably the best bang for your buck at that range is the schecter Jeff Loomis. It has the usual schecter baseball bat neck, but other than that its a great guitar.

Edit: Check out Agile , you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html
Last edited by bizcuits212 at Jul 7, 2010,
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelttriredq.html

This interests me... Jeff Loomis has a satin finish, still trying to figure out if the white blackjack is satin or not.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelttriredq.html

This interests me... Jeff Loomis has a satin finish, still trying to figure out if the white blackjack is satin or not.

Pretty sure the black blackjack has a satin finish.

And Agiles are great guitars.

Edit^ The above looks nice
Last edited by bizcuits212 at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by Sinister Waffle

I'm moving up a price range. This guitar is $500

Guitar I have now was $450.

I want a higher quality guitar thats in the $1000 range.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
My problem w/ satin finished guitars is that I'm a sweaty guy (my room gets SO hot, like right now

When sweat hits Satin, it stays, which is gross.

Knowing that the white Blackjack is gloss finished is better (im assuming sweat doesn't stay very well after owned with a microfiber cloth.)
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
I'm moving up a price range. This guitar is $500

Guitar I have now was $450.

I want a higher quality guitar thats in the $1000 range.

Price range=/= quality man. If you don't want actives then don't buy a guitar with them cause its expensive and you think the more expensive the better. if you really like a guitar that's cheaper by all means you should get it, same some money.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Price range=/= quality man. If you don't want actives then don't buy a guitar with them cause its expensive and you think the more expensive the better. if you really like a guitar that's cheaper by all means you should get it, same some money.

I see your point, never thought of it that way. If you're familiar with Ibanez RG's then you know there is regular and prestige

I kinda wanted to move my next guitar into the prestige category of guitars, if you will. I just feel like I'm not really upgrading if I buy a $500 RG fixed-7. My guitar was $450 but has a trem, so all I'm doing is fixing my bridge and adding a string, the wood isn't higher quality or anything.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
I see your point, never thought of it that way. If you're familiar with Ibanez RG's then you know there is regular and prestige

I kinda wanted to move my next guitar into the prestige category of guitars, if you will. I just feel like I'm not really upgrading if I buy a $500 RG fixed-7. My guitar was $450 but has a trem, so all I'm doing is fixing my bridge and adding a string, the wood isn't higher quality or anything.

Yeah I see you're point also. So now I'm gonna tell you that If you can deal with the blackouts the Blackjack probably the best bet . I'm ordering the Solo-6 version tomorrow. xD after about 6 months I've decided that its one of the best guitars for the money.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by FatalGear41
Take a look at the Carvin DC727. It is a fantastic guitar with plenty of custom options:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=dc727

It can be ordered with either a hardtail or a Floyd or Wilkinson tremolo bridge.

Quoted for truth. Carvins are fantastic. Came very close to getting an ST300 for myself but it ended up just out of my price range. I got to play one since I live in Socal, and they are awesome.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
its bolt on and isn't baritone scale but has a really fast neck and fixed bridge (like most ibanez)
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-APEX2

this guitar has pretty much everything you want except for the blackouts:
http://www.rondomusic.com/septoreltdnctrigreen.html

I would also look into the schecter c-7 standard or custom guitars. according to a lot of internet sites they have 'active' pickups but i think this may be a mistake because on the actual schecter website it doesn't say they are active and they look passive to me especially since i've never seen open coil actives. additionally according to the name of hte pickup it should be passive.
All I will say is I just got an Agile Interceptor Pro 725 and this thing has exceeded all my expectations.

Neck through maple with mahogany
24 frets
LFR - they make a string throgh version
ebony fretboard
EMG 707's - meh, but I can always sell them to some kid who is an EMG ***** and get some passives I like

IT plays fantastic. I was floored when I got it home and really got to play it. I really think Agile is going to be one of those up and coming guitar companies in the next 5-10 years. They are becoming more and more popular and they have a great price.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
All I will say is I just got an Agile Interceptor Pro 725 and this thing has exceeded all my expectations.

Neck through maple with mahogany
24 frets
LFR - they make a string throgh version
ebony fretboard
EMG 707's - meh, but I can always sell them to some kid who is an EMG ***** and get some passives I like

IT plays fantastic. I was floored when I got it home and really got to play it. I really think Agile is going to be one of those up and coming guitar companies in the next 5-10 years. They are becoming more and more popular and they have a great price.

Cool man, I've always looked at Agile as a company like "hmm idk..." but i guess i should read some more reviews.

I like everything http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelttriredq.html has.

As for carvin, im interested, didn't know they made 7's.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?