I am 17 and have pretty much been living with my mother my whole life. I was some what kept way from my father as a kid. Since I was 12 I have been spending alot more time with him. This summer I am spending it with my dad. My mother and father live in separate cities. 10 hours apart. Anyways , my mother has sole custody over me. I turn 18 in March2011. I am debating to stay with my dad now.

Legally I am still a minor, but will the court listen to my wishes?

Anybody know the laws in Canada?
Last edited by KurtCobain9898 at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by KurtCobain9898
I am 17 and have pretty much been living with my mother my whole life. I was some what kept way from my father as a kid. This summer I am spending it with my dad. My mother and father live in separate cities. 10 hours apart. Anyways , my mother has soul custody over me. I turn 18 in March2011. I am debating to stay with my dad now.

Whoa, that's heavy shit nigga.
once you're 18 that shit goes out the window

yes the court usually listens
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by KurtCobain9898
I am 17 and have pretty much been living with my mother my whole life. I was some what kept way from my father as a kid. Since I was 12 I have been spending alot more time with him. This summer I am spending it with my dad. My mother and father live in separate cities. 10 hours apart. Anyways , my mother has soul custody over me. I turn 18 in March2011. I am debating to stay with my dad now.

so one parent lives in St.John's, the other in Tofino?

anyways i believe you could with you and your father could challenge the custody based on your wishes or you could have yourself emancipated and then just live with your father.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i believe when you turn 18 you're a legal adult so you can live with whoever, that's what i've been told because my parents are divorced and i remember hearing once i turn 18 i can live with whoever
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
the TS is 17 though and it seems wishes for an immediate change to the custody agreement.
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
the TS is 17 though and it seems wishes for an immediate change to the custody agreement.

Yes, oh and by the way. Ironically, my mother is a paralegal, she plays the "i have sole custody over you" card.
if your mom supports it she wont report you missing. so how will anyone know?

my parents separated when i was 7 and i lived with my dad for 3 months during the summer when i was 14 even tho my mom had custody. i dont see how this would be a problem, especially since your 17.
Quote by KurtCobain9898
Yes, oh and by the way. Ironically, my mother is a paralegal, she plays the "i have sole custody over you" card.

look up custody law then and figure it out or discuss it with her.
I shot JR

The easiest solution is to talk it over with her and your dad. If she dosent have a problem, the courts wont either. If she does, it can be taken to court, but that can take a while (here in america, at least).

And as has been said before, you turn 18, she loses control.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness