hi, so im working on my singing and it would be really helpful if i could monitor it to hear what i sound like in real time, i think alot of live singers use monitor earbuds right? so i was wondering how you would set one up. I tried using the feature on audacity through my earbuds hooked up to my computer to do this but it has a big lag so you hear the words several seconds later witch makes it impossible to focus lol. any suggestiongs?
Get a proper interface rather than relying on the stock soundcard on your computer. Look for stuff by M-Audio or Tascam, or even Behringer (in that order, I would say) for very usable stuff for not much money.

This lag you are experiencing is called latency. So, you want to look for a product that offers "zero latency" features. Part of the way these products achieve this is through having drivers that will allow you to adjust the buffer settings to levels low enough that you don't hear the latency.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Parr
hi, so im working on my singing and it would be really helpful if i could monitor it to hear what i sound like in real time, i think alot of live singers use monitor earbuds right? so i was wondering how you would set one up. I tried using the feature on audacity through my earbuds hooked up to my computer to do this but it has a big lag so you hear the words several seconds later witch makes it impossible to focus lol. any suggestiongs?

At a certain point, yeah. But, good in-ears are expensive so you'll still run into a lot of well-established, successful indie bands that do fine without them. If you're having vocal problems, don't think that they will go away when you put in in-ears. You'll probably just hear your mistakes better.
Wait a sec.... so are you talking about live or for recording? (OP)

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I think we need to know a bit more to give any sensible advice. I'd assumed you meant monitors for live singing and some indication of what sort of music would help if it is for live use.

Decent in-ears are pretty high end and need a separate feed from the mixing desk. For practice at home it is much cheaper to use a set of decent headphones and you can run these off any cheap mixer. For live use I'd advise any serious singer to get their own mic and floor monitors. You can do this by buying either a dedicated monitor or a small PA sytem, which can double for semi-acoustic gigs. Our singer uses a Yamaha Stagepas 300 as monitors and for home practice and it does a good job.