i have a 6505 plus that is not working at all, no sound and the power tubes are not heating up. so i looked to check for signs of something wrong and the only thing i found was this burn mark on a plastic clip that runs to the power amp board from the board that has most of the circuit. so here is the pic. my question is this really the cause and where can i buy the jumper piece or can i repair it some how. also i was unable to remove the clip that is burnt, but the other i removed easily, could it be fused from heat or was glue used?
Attachments:
amp.jpg
More likely to be a symptom than a cause. Did it blow a fuse too?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
no it did not blow a fuse although there was a ceramic fuse that was white and i could not see into it but it did not have any signs of being blown. im lost on what the problem is, if this is a result of something else what is the cause cuz every thing looked fine to with nothing bein g discolored.
I thought that Bugeras were shit for copying Peaveys design and having this known flaw........Now it looks like Peaveys can suffer from it too!

Brilliant!

You'll definitely want to check your bias on that amp. If you have it biased too far out of spec (or too hot) you can heat up your transformer and then burn that clip.

Sometimes, parts just fail. Other times, parts fail because other parts are failing.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
I thought that Bugeras were shit for copying Peaveys design and having this known flaw........Now it looks like Peaveys can suffer from it too!

Brilliant!

You'll definitely want to check your bias on that amp. If you have it biased too far out of spec (or too hot) you can heat up your transformer and then burn that clip.

Sometimes, parts just fail. Other times, parts fail because other parts are failing.

Check the bias on a fixed bias amp?

There are a huge amount of issues that could have caused this and internet diagnostics will never always be right. Take the amp to a tech or the shop where you bought it if you did.
I had the same problem with my 6505. Check the fuse again. I know the one it comes with is cloudy so you can't really tell if it blew or not but once I put a new fuse in there it was as good as new. If it still doesn't work, I'd do what the guy above me said and take it back before your warranty goes bad.
Quote by aetherspear
Two words: Man the **** up.
ill try to replace all the fuses and see if that solves it, but i bought it from an individual and i believe peaveys warrenty wont transfer over if it is sold privately because if he did fill out the warrenty info i do not have that information, plus i had it almost a year but it looks to be 4 or 5 yrs old and the warrenty is only 2 or 3. im trying to avoid paying out the ass if it is something simple as changing a jumper wire.