So, the neck on my LP copy is kinda fail. It bows with the truss rod fully-adjusted and the frets are worn down. The result is really high action and it's generally difficult to play. Any good fixes (like installing a new truss rod) or would GB&C recommend building a new neck? I figure it would be fun and a good learning experience, so long as the odds of it being much better than my current situation are high. It's a bolt-on 24-3/4" scale 22-fret neck, and I figure I can recreate it with a maple neck blank and a pre-slotted rosewood fretboard from Stewmac. I'd omit the binding because I'd really just like to keep it simple on my first attempt, and I'm not gonna bother with inlays (I don't have them in the Tele I'm working on so I'll be used to it by the time I get around tot his).

Now, the guitar's not that great in general ($200 craigslist special of unknown make or value), but it has some sentimental value because I've had it for a while, and honestly I love the sound (really thick and creamy with SD SH2 and SH4 pups) and it has a decent cherryburst finish with a carved top. With a professionally-installed nut I figure the neck would run me $150 after all costs, maybe throw in some locking tuners as an upgrade from the stock stuff. Anyway, thoughts? Repair or build?
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
If its sentimental then continue that path and build. I regret having so many projects that never got off the ground.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I had it professionally adjusted by my luthier when I got it a couple years ago and he said it was fully-adjusted. All he could do to help was shim the neck, but it's still bowed so the action's stuck super high. As a last resort I can try tightening it myself and see if I have any better luck, but I don't want to break the rod and make the neck totally unplayable in the meantime while I work on a new one if that doesn't work.
My Tele Project!

Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Any other recommendations?
My Tele Project!