Does anyone know of a good acoustic song to play at a wedding?
It'd be nice if itll have a bit more tempo then most of them.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
White wedding - Billy Idol (or the Queens of the Stone Age version, or the Murderdolls version)
Canon in d ( I'm going to play that song at a wedding soon come Oct.)
RAWL
In the begining you should play "Forever and ever Amen" by Randy Travis. When it starts getting a little more "informal"(everyone is drunk) you should play "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich
Some of these suggestions are really good but for the one who suggested canon it has to be with lyrics.
And only acoustic songs would be better though since its just me deticating a song to them with my guitar.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
when you say nothing at all by Kieth Whitley or however you spell his name ... hundreds of other people also do the song but his name is the only i remeber doing the song
Quote by tom183
Where at a wedding? Is it as the bride walks down the aisle?

Its after everyone sit down to eat.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by King R
Canon in d ( I'm going to play that song at a wedding soon come Oct.)

came here to post this. Pachelbel version
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
came here to post this. Pachelbel version

I want to play an instrumental too but the people will be bored,I need an acoustic song with lyrics that talks about happiness of getting married and love and something like that.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Gajewa469
I really like Wedding Dress by Matt Nathanson

Maybe not a pop-acoustic song, but still, it's emotional and very suited for weddings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci9wOGkQboI

While I appreciate Matt Nathanson more than most, this is not a happy wedding song. Not even close.

some choice lyrics: "So we lie here in the dark/With all the wrong things on fire"

and the chorus contains the repeating phrase: "even at my best, i want to let go"

and I've seen him in concert a bunch of times, and he'll say the song is about divorce (or at the very least, the struggle of marriage)

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I'd do some classics but here are a few modern songs that are nice

Falling Slowly (from the movie Once)
I'm Yours, Jason Mraz
Your Gurdian Angel, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Some Sort Of Fool by Mark Minelli.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
You And Me - Dave Matthews Band
Gear:
Jasmine ES33C
Hamer Sunburst Archtop Flametop
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Fender Frontman 25R
Bon Jovi - Thank you for Loving Me. Havnt played this one acoustic, but most his songs seem to fit well on acoustic.

Plenty of Beatles Songs.. I want to hold your hand for example..

Edit: My bad, decided to go look at the video for thank you for loving me, richie is playing an acoustic so it would definitely work.
Last edited by sparta09 at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by sparta09
Bon Jovi - Thank you for Loving Me. Havnt played this one acoustic, but most his songs seem to fit well on acoustic.

Plenty of Beatles Songs.. I want to hold your hand for example..

Edit: My bad, decided to go look at the video for thank you for loving me, richie is playing an acoustic so it would definitely work.

The problem about the songs is that I dont wanna sing them as love songs from me to them,I want it to be about love and happiness and not about me loving them.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
four season's "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You"
the house band played this for a wedding this weekend--so beautiful
Last edited by rickyho at Jul 12, 2010,
i am VERY disappointed in you all for not posting the following songs!

Bob Seger- You'll Acompny Me

Tom Petty-learning To Fly

Elvis Presley-Burning Love
Thanks for the suggestions people I looked at some and like them.
Keep em' coming and i'd prefer if it will be acoustic songs only
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Im thinking about doing nothing else matters,im pretty sure it will suit a wedding.
Any thoughts?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson